Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #1

1976 Argosy 20
Charlie Lake , British Columbia
1976 Argosy Panoramic Curbside Window

II have been looking for the past year for a 1976 panoramic curbside window for my argosy I purchased last year. I am at a point I will pay anything for one or even a parts trailer
swarren85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:23 PM   #2
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Lexan alternative?

I broke one of the front curved windows in my '73 trying to remove it and clean it up. I wound up using Lexan as a replacement for the glass. It's held up well for over 10 years now. It will need to be replaced at some point, but I'll just use Lexan again. My assumption is that you have the window glass frame and it's usable. Talk to a glass shop, they can give you a few tips. There are others here on the forums that have done this same type of repair.

Welcome to the forums and the Airstream madness.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:30 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Auburn , Washington
I feel your pain brother. About the only place you can get the clear pano windows is from another Argosy. It is also why my trailer has shades to prevent that wayward rock.
If you want to forgo the clear windows, you can replace it with a tinted one they still make. I think they started putting them on Airstreams in the 80s. But then you will have a black eye unless you swap both sides.
I have also heard of people using acrylic or polycarbonate to replace the glass. Perhaps someone else on the forum has another idea.

Dave
Biggmixx is offline   Reply With Quote