Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-20-2021, 09:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Bellevue , Washington
What does this valve do? 2019 GT 27 FB

We have a 2019 Globetrotter 27 FB. I am de-winterizing it. But I don't know what the WHITE valve (that I have put 2 red boxes around in the picture) does.

I have closed the yellow valve which according to the manual is the bypass valve. But I cannot find any info in the manual about the white valve in the picture. When you close the BYPASS (yellow valve) do you OPEN the white valve? And what position should the white valve be in for normal operations?? I had someone helping me and now I don't know what position to have the white valve in. Thanks you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What is this valve.png
Views:	37
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	393680  
dlykken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:27 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
Fredericksburg , VA
What does this valve do? 2019 GT 27 FB

Hi there, you are correct that the yellow valve is your water heater bypass.

Your lower positioned white valve is a low point drain. You will treat this the same as the two brass low point drains that are under the trailer near your fresh water tank drain. It is now in the open position. Turned 90 degrees will close the valve ie normal operation for water use. You will open this valve to purge residual water prior to adding rv waterline antifreeze or open it during an air purge if that is your preferred winterizing method.
Downhill502 is offline   Reply With Quote