What can happen w/o Winterizing
With all this talk of winterizing, I just wanted to let everyone know what can happen without proper winterizing, as experience first hand by me, because of a previous owner who didn't think it was important (in the order that I've found them):
1. burst copper water pipe by the holding tank
2. cracked bottom plate on the original water pump (causing it to leak)
3. burst (yes, burst) water filter, causing carbon residue all over the inside of the kitchen cabinet
4. burst water supply line to the toilet
5. cracked water heater tank
And that's what I've found so far.
Right now I'm just hoping to everything fixed in time to winterize it!!!