Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
foster , Kentucky
Water Tank 2013 International Airstream

We were camping this past weekend. Typically we do not hook up the water hose...we just use fill up the water in the tank and use the pump. We turned on the pump and noticed the pump kept running. My husband noticed a water on the ground underneath the airstream. He proceeded to crawl underneath and thought maybe the lever had come loose somehow. He went to adjust it and it fell into his hands. Needless to say he was not happy. The piece must have been a bad part. There is part of the threading in the other part. We bought some sort of gadget that is supposed to get the broken off parts out but the part that is attached to the tank just keeps turning ...there is no way to make this work ..what are we missing?
kfthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
Methow , Washington
Water tank drain valve failure

While boondocking this past week, experienced essentially the same thing. I was able to obtain a new "close" 90 degree fitting, but have not been successful in removing the remaining broken nipple threads from the tank, so I can install the new fittings.

When I tried to remove the broken nipple from the tank with an easy out type of tool, the fitting seemed to turn up in the tank. Did you receive any responses to your post, I did not see any.

Any experiences would be appreciated, we need to get back on the road.
Rufrider is offline   Reply With Quote