Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
For the $173 price tag on the RV-PRO it would make no sense to me to try and make your own. Just for starters the resin beads are tiny and trying to keep them in the tank and not in your RV's plumbing while still allowing water flow thru the unit would be difficult at best.

My 2C
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinCal View Post
For the $173 price tag on the RV-PRO it would make no sense to me to try and make your own. Just for starters the resin beads are tiny and trying to keep them in the tank and not in your RV's plumbing while still allowing water flow thru the unit would be difficult at best.

My 2C
That's what I mean. I can't know what amerisoft used to capture the resin beads without destructive forensics. I had my home unit come apart, internally, after 25 years of service. Beads in every fixture, washing machine, dish washer.... It was a PITA. Fortunately, everything had screens, so no pump failures, etc.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Far West , Texas
Water filter AND Water Softener??

We are picking up our AS the end of the month and we live in an area with VERY hard water. I was researching the water softeners but then noticed the water purifier. Would it be feasible to have both connected to the inlet?? Is it overkill?? I would like to make sure we don't have hard water issues but also want to be able to drink the water right out of the tap ( which is NOT possible where we are).

Any suggestions, comments, criticism??
Old 03-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyotea View Post
We are picking up our AS the end of the month and we live in an area with VERY hard water. I was researching the water softeners but then noticed the water purifier. Would it be feasible to have both connected to the inlet?? Is it overkill?? I would like to make sure we don't have hard water issues but also want to be able to drink the water right out of the tap ( which is NOT possible where we are).

Any suggestions, comments, criticism??
I think, in that circumstance, I would filter and soften it outside the camper and use a britta (or similar) for drinking water.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote