Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 06:52 PM   #1

1975 31' Sovereign
Dublin , Ohio
Water pressure issues

Hi everyone. After locating numerous leaks in the plumbing under the kitchen sink and fixing them all I finally got the water pump to shut itself off after pressurizing, and the pressure from the kitchen sink is very strong when running the pump. However, it's just a trickle from the bathroom sink and NOTHING from the shower, not a sound, not a drop. I'm wondering if a valve could be closed? I can't find one anywhere.

When I'm hooked up to city water the pressure is only slightly better in the bathroom and not near as strong in the kitchen (as it is when using the fresh water/pump), still nothing though from the shower.

I'd be grateful for any knowledge you could pass my way, I've been at this for weeks and have run out of ideas aside from tearing the bathroom out!

I should add that I have a brand new filter at the city water inlet, a brand new Jabsco pumpgard installed in the kitchen, and have cleaned the aerator and screens in the faucets, replaced the shower head and hose.
airsovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
If your shower control is original it is a Moen. The cartridge in the valve is likely plugged and needs to be replaced. Go online to the Moen website and it shows how to remove the cartridge. There is a lifetime warranty on the cartridge and Home Depot should have the cartridge at "no cost" to you. I replaced mine several years ago after having the same problem as you. Good luck, Chris
ACI #7394
2012 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Denali
1994 Excella 34'
1987 Limited 34', 1976 31', 1976 Argosy 22' Gone to new homes
Hensley Hitch
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote