Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2020, 08:07 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Ely , Minnesota
Water Leak near city water hook up

Good Day...
I have heard that there are two types of RV’s...One that has water leaks and one that will. Well... I have the second one.

I recently hooked up to city water without putting my regulator on. HUGE MISTAKE. I noticed the carpet in our bedroom was wet in the corner near the shower and very near the city water hook up. We have a 2005 Safari. I am assuming that the high water pressure that I hooked up to caused the leak. I am sick about the whole thing.

Access to the water pipes is a real issue I know. Does anybody have any experience or suggestions as to how to access the Pipe right at the city water inlet? If I take the four screws off of the outlet cover will I be able to access the pipe at all. Is there any play that will allow me to pull the pipe up. I assume not since the pipe is pvc and not flexible.

Am I looking at a major expenditure here?

I am pretty discouraged. Any help or suggestions will be more that welcome.
Thanks..
bertheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
I think adding your model and year or better yet a pic of the area will really help folks answer more accurately.

Any chance this might be freeze related?

As far as if it's the shur flo water inlet regulator a piece of 1/2" X 3" plastic pipe and a female garden hose to female 1/2" pipe can rig a temp connection.

If it's PEX time several versions of PEX fittings exist that do not require the fancy crimping tools. Flair-It, Pexlock, Sea Tech etc and a bit of luck.

But model info and pics is most helpful.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:50 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Westerly , Rhode Island
I can't help with your exact model, but I just froze mine last week and had to replace. There was not enough pipe to do it from the exterior, you will have to find access from inside, but once you do that replacing is simple. The new city water inlet I purchased (same one as original) did not come with a new gasket and the gasket on the old one is glued to it, so you will need to come up with a solution. Mine is to put a bead of parbond sealant around it.
smithcreek is offline   Reply With Quote