Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Green Bay , Wisconsin
water in belly pan leaked some water...in the back

So I just returned from a long weekend,, and I could use some advice. 2008 25ft, Safari SE. As I was pulling out of the site today... I had a bunch of water running out of the belly pan, on the opposite side of the back sewer plumbing.... Now a couple of things happened before. One, we had strong down-pours all night,,,,, I checked every corner and nook in the AS, and found no water on the floor, inside the AS. Secondly, I blasted water into the black tank, through the Flush hook-up, to clean it out, just prior to leaving....

I am suspecting the BlackWater tank flush connection has a leak some where before it goes into the tank??,,,,,but I am too new to this AS stuff, so I could use some wisdom,,,,, Thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Possibly related to your black tank flush piping as you suggest, , but could also have just been that rainwater found a path to get directly into the belly pan - maybe from openings near the A frame? - and laid in the belly pan until you moved the trailer to leave?

Try your black tank flush again during dry weather!

Brian.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
You probably have a leak in the outer skin. It is not getting into the coach, but draining into the belly pan. As long as the belly pan drains it MIGHT be OK.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Green Bay , Wisconsin
TG and Brian,,, thanks,,, I just had AS in Jackson Center do a full air pressure test on the unit,,, and resealed everything....... I know, they could have missed something,,,, but I have never had this problem before,,,,, so I am trying to narrow it down to what happened different, or recently,,, and all I can come up with, is the consistent down-pour, and the blackwater spray connection...

I will try the blackwater Spray again, as it will be dry and 80 tomorrow. I suppose its possible I had rain find its way on the A frame or other connnected area around the frame.... Thanks for the advice....