Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2002, 06:00 AM   #1
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Question Valves and Valves

I have 71 Overlander, 27 feet.
In the rear storage compartment, ( Hose storage ), There are several valves. Specifically the two valves that are connected to copper lines. Does any one know what these valves are for?

When I open valve, (s). Water begins to flow through the bottom of the compartment on to tthe ground.

Also I have several valves under the sink in the galley. I have tinkered with them until I get the result that I am looking for but I do not know where the valves are connected to and I do not know what purpose they serve.

Any one got ideas?

Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 08:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Sounds like they are drain valves for winterizing...

Here's a link to a "Winterizing" thread that may help...

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Smily,
I have the same 2 valves in the copper lines which are visible when I open my rear compartment. They are on the left side of my blackwater valve. They allow water to drain from the copper lines of your trailer during winterizing. I'm not sure how much water from the water heater drains through these lines.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 07:06 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Red face Valves

Smily, I own a '71, 27' Int. Sounds like we got the same valves!! If you open all the valves under the sink, they will drain the H&C lines and the fresh water tank. If the forward valve is open it will only drain the tank. Same as in the back compartment. Havn't figured out why those valves are so close together in the back, having too much 'fun' fixing everthing else.
niftypkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 07:51 AM   #5
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
71 Overlander

Nifty,
What style is your 71 Intl? Mine is a twin in the middle and rear bath.

My front sofa folds out to a double bed.

I ended up replacing my fridge with an electric only refrigerator. We only stay at campgrounds with electricity.

I am going to install a second battery with diverter switch to accomodate an inverter for my new AC only refrigerator.

Maybe we can exchange tips and photos along the way.

I am trying to stay as close to original but the cost of an original refrigerator was going to be expensive.

Wife put the kabosh on original replacement but she is very happy with the 300 dollar AC only refrigerator.

I see that no one has posted photos of 71 Overlander. Maybe we can post some between us.

Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:01 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Talking Valves,etc

Smily, We got the same trailer!! And the same problems. My trailer is an 1971 27' International pretty much all Original. Just completed replacing all the door and window seals and repairing the door lock etc,etc. At the same time trying to sell a house, so I'm very busy now. Whatever I can help you ,I'll try, time permitting. Keep trucking!!
Tom
niftypkg is offline   Reply With Quote