Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Burien , Washington
Status Meter Question

Greetings. My wife and I have been reading the threads on the forum for quite a few weeks now, and appreciate much of the knowlege and experience out there. We just took delivery of a new Safari 25FB, and took it out for it's maiden voyage this past week.

My only gripe, are those fancy LED status indicators that are according to Airstream, very accurate.

Our black water tank never showed above empty, and our gray water tank, once emptied, still shows 3/4 full. My father, who also owns a 25 Classic told me never to believe them.

Is there an easy way to get this working?

We did have a good time, and enjoyed the rest of the trailer very much. The LED thingy is just a minor irritation.

Sam Roffe
SRoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hello Sam -- Welcome to the Forums! BTW, you have amazing taste and discrimination in Airstream choices! (if I say so myself!)

It sounds like you have a Micro Pulse calibration issue. Here is a thread where recalibration was discussed. I'm giving you the link to page 4 because the earlier links are 'dead.' I'd truly suggest you browse all the posts in the thread -- seems like there are some ideas in there of value. Then get back to us if it's not exactly as you expected from the instructions. My tank monitor has been a jewel from day 1. A dealer could do this for you but it seems pretty straightforward from the instructions. If this doesn't work you might have a matter to take up on warranty. Let us know just so we're giving out the right advice. Thanks!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi and welcome to the forums. Check out the rally discussions... we are having a NW forums rally at the end of october near newport, OR and I know that you need a road trip! Look for the Beverly Beach III thread or just message me... we'ld love a trailer tour!

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Burien , Washington
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the calibration PDFs. It looks like from the previous discussion that you have to be willing to empty, then fill the tanks. It may or may not be a critical thing, but, sure would be nice to have it working.

Sam Roffe
SRoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Sam,

Welcome to the forums! This is the place for answers! Congrats on your Airstream! I concur, excellent taste you must have!

Be sure and follow Janet's advice and check out the rallys! They are great. The best thing is the wonderful folks you will meet. Lots of fun, lots of Airstream talk, camping ~ life is good!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:56 AM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Once calibrated properly, those new sensors should be very good. Your father is correct on the old style sensors. Especially in the black tank side, usually went south after the first year.

The real question is whether you have a calibration issue or a faulty sensor or panel. Since your trailer is new and under warranty, my suggestion is to let the dealer have first crack at this.

At build time the factory uses a palm pilot with software that loads the correct configuration for your model trailer. Assuming they did this correctly, and based on your grey water tank problem, the issue you have may not lie in the configuration.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #7
Happy Trails

2018 28' International
Currently Looking...
Delaware , Ohio
Hi Sam,

Don't forget you have a warrenty on that 2007 Airstream, and your local dealer should fix this glitch for you. I had a similar problem on our 25' Safari LE, and they checked it out, put in a new sensor at no charge, and that was that. You're supposed to just enjoy that new Airstream, not spend time fixing it!
bhunt is offline   Reply With Quote