Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Tri View Post
Oh the glamour of trailering that is never mentioned in the ads. The best part is it is the same for all..........from the SOB owner to the Luxury Prevost owners. Pooh is grand
Good luck with your problem.....I know we all can relate
Yep, we've all dealt with the agony of black water issues.
The first time I watched the movie 'RV' and saw the scene where Robin Williams is trying to drain the holding tank, I laughed so hard that I was in tears. Not because it was that funny, but because I knew at that moment whoever wrote that movie has definitely done time in a real RV of some kind. They even got the color of that foul fluid spot on. Now, every time I have to deal with any part of of the sewage system, I hear that funky humming song they used in the movie playing in my head. I just hope I never experience the infamous "poo geyser."
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
2001 GMC 3500 4x4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #22
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre00 View Post

I've had no other problems with the plumbing besides the misreading monitor panel, which I've now turned off because the are just a false sense of security/worry.

I have no explanation for the toilet bubbles-- they have not happened again since I dumped the black tank.

-d
The package of materials we received with the Safari included an explanation how to recalibrate the monitor. As I wrote before, our monitor had to be replaced. Sometimes it's the sensors and sometimes it's the connections in the wires to between the monitor and the sensors. The connections (it's a telephone buss I'm told) can get dirty and malfunction.

As for the bubbles, check the toilet seal.

I see you live in NYC. Last time we were in NYC I was contemplating how difficult it would be to own an RV in NYC, and if we were to bring one, where would there be an RV campground (can you boondock in Central Park?).

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Tide - and Waves

Before you tow next time, fill both of your tanks about half full of warm soapy water (I use a squirt of Tide or dish detergent)... then agitate by driving. That is quite likely to clean your sensolr.

Paula