Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
Columbia , South Carolina
No water flow

I am a new owner of a 1976 26' Argosy A/S Trailer. I am in the process of getting it ready for the unknown. I am having a problem getting water from the pump to the sinks, tub and toliet Everything works when I attach a garden hose and use city water pressure. I have cleaned the tank, pump, and all hoses to the pump, but still no water flow. Is there a valve that I need to open or maybe a blockage in the lines. Any help would be appreciated.
Michael W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 04:33 PM   #2
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
mike

check for a vaccum leak on the suction side of the pump.

a good place to look is at the strainer, if air is getting in there the pump cannot draw water from the tank.

also, you stated you cleaned everything. did you disassemble something and not reinstall it in it's proper place?

water pickup tube exchanged for the tank vent??

no chance the water pump went in backwards?

just some ideas!

john
Old 10-12-2003, 06:17 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
Hi john hd thanks for your help

john hd, when I said I cleaned the pump I pumped clorinated water from a 10 gallon bucket thru the pump and the pump worked fine. I am not sure what else I am supposed to do to the pump, but it appears to be pumping fine. The only other clue to my problem is when I cut the city water on water rushed out of the outlet hose for the pump as I had left it unattached to the pump. I plan to try the pump again pumping the water from the buket to the sinks. The other thing is when I tried to pump the water from the bucket to the sinks the pump pumped 2/3 of the water out of the bucket and I am not sure where it went. Possibly the grey water tank as I smelled clorine when dumping it. I do thank you for your suggestions and if you have anymore please feel free to give them.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
low point drains open.

mike

you stated: "the pump pumped 2/3 of the water out of the bucket and I am not sure where it went. "

are your low point drains open?

a good friend of mine was trying his "new" 74 excella's water system out for the first time.

when he turned on the pump, his 4 year old son said "hey dad the trailer is peeing!!"

perhaps the next time you try it have a helper stand outside the trailer and see if it is doing a number one!

look around the bottom of your cabinets for a pair of valves, usually near the water tank. they could be anywhere though. they should be closed when the water system is in use.

this is what mine look like, if you were not looking for them they could be easy to miss.

john
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	low point drains.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	3473  
Old 10-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
Thumbs up

Hi john, bullseye, My son found those two valves next to the battery in the bathroom closet. We worked with them for 30 minutes testing them in on and shut combinations and nothing seemed to work. He left and I remembered what I had posted about the water from the city main flowing thru the pump discharge hose. I closed that port and closed the two valves. The spigot started to sputter then very dirty H2O was flushed out. Thanks for your help and keep up the good advice for many of us need it.