Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Boise , Idaho
Leak on around the City Input / Flush input

2016 25' International FB. This morning I noticed a small leak / drip from the outside shore side near the wheel well. At first I thought it was the drain tubes but the AC had not been running. As I looked closer it was coming out from the exterior rub rail. I looked inside below the closet from the heater duct. I noticed a small drip on a PEX elbow and some water spots coming down the shell wall that seemed to be old and have occurred before as it looked old. Plus some of the insulation seemed wet. I ruled out condensation.

Once we reached our next spot. I took the panel out in the closet. It looks like possibly the city water inlet has been dripping on the lower black tank flush outlet. The PEX copper crimps both have corrosion / patina which I would expect if they have been hit will water some. The upper elbow was a little loose. I was able to hand tighten it. I am not sure that was it though.

What has me questioning if that was it is we rarely use city water since we mostly boondock. The flush valve was used a few days prior and the connection was not solid I guess some water could have sprayed in?

Ironically we are hooked to city water at the moment. So far no drips.

Anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180409_165748.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	308303  
wponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
The connection from the city water inlet to the internal plumbing is not supposed to be rigid pipe. It bends the city water inlet. Had to replace mine with similar symptoms.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
With the curved shell it doesn't sit flush.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010829.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	308305Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010825.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	308306