Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2004, 08:14 AM   #1
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
how much ground clearance?

kicking around ideas for a "wash water" tank retrofit ( )...wondering how much ground clearance you have for your exterior plumbing? I guess this is mostly for newer-model owners. any drain lines from black/grey tanks, associated valves and stuff that are visible in the rear streetside corner.
how high off the ground are they?
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:10 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
West Linn , Oregon
low-w-w

Recently I was looking at a 99 Safari 25 that is at a dealer here in Calif. I was shocked at how little clearance there was underneath it - maybe 6" between the most forward tank and the ground. And that was unloaded. I couldn't help wondering how often people damage the tank on rocks or road debris and I certainly wouldn't dare take that trailer very far up a fire road. I have also heard they have problems with the tank straps breaking on the newer ones.

-john