Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2021, 12:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Nashvilleville , Tennessee
Fresh/Gray Tank Upgrade

Hey all,

I am planning my 78 Sovereign reno build out and plan to make this a very capable off grid system. I have spent time as an electrician so I am quite comfortable making that system good to go. I mainly am trying to get my head around plumbing. I need some ideas and inspiration.

I am doing a Natures Head compost toilet so no more black water tank. I would like to double the size of my fresh and grey water. I know I have about 45g of fresh right now and no idea how much grey... but it's way too small. But I do not need a huge grey water tank as I am able to safely empty it much easier. With no black tank I can utilize that space.

Thinking around 80-100g of fresh water and not sure how much grey just need more than I have. I will definitely put the grey tank in the belly but I am not sure where to put the fresh tank. In the belly would be great but I am not sure how to fit a 100g tank under there. Also could build it into the interior if I need to. Either way will be insulating it and putting heat pads on anything in the belly.

Anyone know the best way I can get a crap ton of fresh water in my trailer safely?
bhel is offline   Reply With Quote