Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Bandera , Texas
Composting toilet install

Greetings listers...I have an '11 23FB...just purchased a composting toilet. Anyone know what's under the pedestal upon which the toilet sits...and relatedly, where is the vent line?
thedocdadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #2

2021 23' Flying Cloud
Cupertino , California
Hi there. I also just bought a new Flying Cloud 23FB, and I’m thinking of doing a composting toilet install. I’m guessing the black tank is the box under the toilet pedestal, but I haven’t taken delivery yet to explore more. Did you end up doing the conversion?
Eliott Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Bandera , Texas
I did, and it gets a bit complicated in terms of venting out, about a days work, tedious but doable. Yes black box is black water, suggest u order plug, off amazon ahead of time...keep in mind you'll need electric fan wired in.
thedocdadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:04 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 23' Safari
Middletown , Rhode Island
plumb urine into waste tank below

I would plumb the urine into the waste tank, not sure which composting toilet you bought but I have the Nature's Head unit and I plumbed it into my tank below it, which is 7 gallons. I found that the receptacle that came with it would fill up pretty quickly and found myself emptying it every 2/3 days. I think its 2 gallons.
Mx468 is offline   Reply With Quote