Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
Herritt

1973 25' Tradewind
Victoria , BC
Talking Bathroom Reno, tank, plumbing, toilet, etc

Here is the Airstream reno project for 2006. Photos from before, during and after, All went well except for retrieving airstream parts. My black water tank had leak from the previous owner, he must had bumped the rear end of the trailer and hit the exposed plumbing. He did a fibreglass repair on the black water tank from the accessible area but did not do a good job and it failed in time. Needless to say what a mess in made in the rear of the trailer with wood rot and stench over the years.

I converted the teltford plumbing fitting in the tank to Veltarra fittings. A 8 x 8 inch section had to be cut out of the tank's exit fitting of the Black Water Tank to remove the cracks and the old teltford fittings, and new ABS patch was plastic welding in place and re-plumbed with Veltarra fittings. I also installed a black water tank flush system, which you access from under the bathroom sink.

I also re-plumbed the water system from midsection of the trailer to the rear. I removed all the copper piping and installed a new Canadian ABS product with alittle more forgiving to freezing, within reason.

While I had all the bathroom fixtures out I had them refinished with an almond lacquered paint and replaced the Teltford galaxy/starlite toilet with the new Telftord Bravura. This did include removing a small storage cabinet the sat behind the old toilet. The new fresh look in the bathroom is looking very good.

I still am waiting to the plastic insert trim work for the bathroom, this and to be ordered from Airstream in the USA
Attached Images

Herritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Looks great ! Nice work.
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
Herritt

1973 25' Tradewind
Victoria , BC
I forgot to tell that I added a black water tank flush system that you access from under the bathroom sink.
Herritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1976 21' Globetrotter
eugene , Oregon
i've got to do the same replumbing. been looking for pictures and the ones you posted are exactly what i needed to see! great job! and thanks!!
janetbjt is offline   Reply With Quote