Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Aquaview Showermiser & Sinkmiser

I’m installing a Sinkmiser in both my shower and galley sink. I need to connect the water loop to the water inlet. My 30Bunk s’ water inlet is located just above the wheel well completely inaccessible. Aquaview does not recommend connecting a tee at the intake side of the water pump, they said the water will just recirculate becoming hotter and hotter. Any ideas on how to get the water back into the fresh tank? Has anyone installed one of these units?
Old 12-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000pre View Post
I’m installing a Sinkmiser in both my shower and galley sink. I need to connect the water loop to the water inlet. My 30Bunk s’ water inlet is located just above the wheel well completely inaccessible. Aquaview does not recommend connecting a tee at the intake side of the water pump, they said the water will just recirculate becoming hotter and hotter. Any ideas on how to get the water back into the fresh tank? Has anyone installed one of these units?
Hmmm, my showermiser return is tee'ed just upstream of the pump, works as planned. No problems.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
Hmmm, my showermiser return is tee'ed just upstream of the pump, works as planned. No problems.
That’s the response I was looking for!
Old 12-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000pre View Post
That’s the response I was looking for!
It only would keep getting hotter and hotter if you left the lever in bypass. Once you just begin to see the color change, flip the lever off, and it operates just like it does without the miser.

The bonus is you can fill your fresh tank while hooked to city water. Just don't forget and walk away, like I did.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 06-22-2022, 10:00 PM   #5

2022 30' Flying Cloud
BEND , Oregon
How hard was it to access the plumbing behind the 30 Bunks shower. Wondering if you have to remove the shower or is there an easier way. Love to know the details as we have a tankless heater and it wastes to much water.
sbarr2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:32 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr2323 View Post
How hard was it to access the plumbing behind the 30 Bunks shower. Wondering if you have to remove the shower or is there an easier way. Love to know the details as we have a tankless heater and it wastes to much water.
You need to remove the white wall, there are 6 or 8 screws. Be prepared to re-calk.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:44 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2022 23' Flying Cloud
Watsontown , Pennsylvania
No Hot Water

So I installed the Shower Miser. It kinda sorta works but the valve itself seems to cut down pressure or flow so most of the time there is not flame on the control panel. Anyone have any ideas? I ran the water that recirculates back to the fresh water tank.
ricjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:02 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricjones View Post
So I installed the Shower Miser. It kinda sorta works but the valve itself seems to cut down pressure or flow so most of the time there is not flame on the control panel. Anyone have any ideas? I ran the water that recirculates back to the fresh water tank.
I have no difference in flow. What size lines did you use?

Old 11-02-2022, 05:17 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Flying Cloud
Franklin , Tennessee
How on a 23?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricjones View Post
Noticed in your signature you show a 23. Is that FB or CB? I’m curious as we are looking at the FBT, and I’m wondering how a Showermiser could be plumbed in on a 23FB since the shower is in the back corner camping side and the fresh tank fill line is on the front driver’s side. I don’t see how one could get plumbing all the way over there to dump the diverted water into the fresh tank.
TNOutback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:07 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2022 23' Flying Cloud
Watsontown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNOutback View Post
Noticed in your signature you show a 23. Is that FB or CB? I’m curious as we are looking at the FBT, and I’m wondering how a Showermiser could be plumbed in on a 23FB since the shower is in the back corner camping side and the fresh tank fill line is on the front driver’s side. I don’t see how one could get plumbing all the way over there to dump the diverted water into the fresh tank.
We have a 23CBB (corner bed with bunk) - I have the bathroom sink and shower showermisers plumbed into the fresh water tank. If I have the pump on, it seems to work most of the time. The kitchen sink is on the opposite side from the fresh water tank. I am working on running the line over but it is not easy.
ricjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:01 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Easley , South Carolina
Anyone who buys a showermiser, I found a code that gives you 10% off and free shipping: just use CJE
Browneyes430 is offline   Reply With Quote