Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2021, 03:33 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Poulsbo , Washington
2021 GT 25 Waste Tank Issue

I took delivery of a brand new 2021 25ft Globetrotter in January. My first trip is planned for mid April. When I handed over my check for $110k, I was promised that if I discovered any issues to bring it back and it would be addressed immediately.

As chance would have it, I removed the cap to the waste tank to lube it and all of the antifreeze flowed out. I tested it further and it was obvious that there was a defective black tank valve. Can anyone explain why Airstream decided to put the valve "inside" the waste tank? My older 2017 FC had exterior valves that were simple to replace.

Anyway, I called Airstream to schedule an appointment and was told it would be the end of May before I could bring it in. So much for the verbal commitment to take care of issues quickly. I found a sympathetic service manager and was told to bring it right down. A week later I was told that the problem was a defective black tank valve. That made me laugh, but what wasn't too amusing was when they told me that they have to get corporate approval before they can fix it, and then they will order the parts.

This is a brand new trailer, never used. It was defective from the factory and now the corporate office has to approve the repair! It is unusable and caught in red tape. They can' even estimate when it will be repaired.

****Warning to all new owners: don't trust anything that you have not verified yourself on the check out. Take your time! This was missed at the factory and again at the Seattle dealership. Some things you just expect to work - my bad, lesson learned.
dford77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Poulsbo , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by dford77 View Post
I took delivery of a brand new 2021 25ft Globetrotter in January. My first trip is planned for mid April. When I handed over my check for $110k, I was promised that if I discovered any issues to bring it back and it would be addressed immediately.

As chance would have it, I removed the cap to the waste tank to lube it and all of the antifreeze flowed out. I tested it further and it was obvious that there was a defective black tank valve. Can anyone explain why Airstream decided to put the valve "inside" the waste tank? My older 2017 FC had exterior valves that were simple to replace.

Anyway, I called Airstream to schedule an appointment and was told it would be the end of May before I could bring it in. So much for the verbal commitment to take care of issues quickly. I found a sympathetic service manager and was told to bring it right down. A week later I was told that the problem was a defective black tank valve. That made me laugh, but what wasn't too amusing was when they told me that they have to get corporate approval before they can fix it, and then they will order the parts.

This is a brand new trailer, never used. It was defective from the factory and now the corporate office has to approve the repair! It is unusable and caught in red tape. They can' even estimate when it will be repaired.

****Warning to all new owners: don't trust anything that you have not verified yourself on the check out. Take your time! This was missed at the factory and again at the Seattle dealership. Some things you just expect to work - my bad, lesson learned.
Update: I was just contacted by the service manager at Airstream and he personally took control and is approving the repair without waiting for Corporate approval. This is the type of service and response that we can all hope for. Airstream lives on reputation and this restores my faith that things can get done! BTW - I love the new 2021 GT. - I have 14 short and longer trips coming up to show it off.
dford77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:01 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
That's Good News.
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote