Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Greer , Arizona
Question 2013 Flying Cloud 25' Water Leak

Brand new rear bedroom has water on floor behinds toilet and also by the closet in the bedroom....took panel off and exposed vent pipe...is it possible that rain (we have had a lot of it lately) is leaking down te vent pipe or is it more likely that I have a water leak (maybe hot water heater???)....any ideas would be much appreciated.
Brent10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
Did you notice the leak after traveling, or had it been parked the whole time? Your description sounds very similar to what we experienced one time, and I traced it to water sloshing out of the toilet when traveling down the road--amazing how much sloshed out even though I thought I had the water level low enough in the bowl. Now we travel with it almost empty.

Another problem we ran into was a slight water leak at the inlet to the water heater. You should be able to get a good look at all of the water heater plumbing through the access hole under the mattress and in the back of the under-bed storage if you have twin beds. I don't know about the water heater access on a queen bed floor plan.
Edistobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We had an identical leak symptom in our new rear bedroom 25'. It was the hand-tightened fitting right at the back of the toilet, snug but not tight enough. It would only leak when pressure would build up in the plumbing with the water heater on, otherwise okay so it passed the factory leak check and did not leak all the time. The water would drip down on the bathroom floor, then seep under the wall to the bedroom closet area.

doug
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
On our rig, pushing the pedal part way down to fill the bowl would result in a small collection of fresh water on floor behind the toilet. Under warranty, dealer replaced the valve.
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Brent, any followup?

doug
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
The Woodlands , Texas
Check the seal where the vent pipe meets the roof. Best to get on a ladder and look from up top. We found that the plastic section connected to pipe which overlaps the roof metal had cracked and parted a little over a year after purchase. UV can really tear that plastic apart, especially if it sat on a dealer's lot for a time.

I've seen at least one other thread on here where the OP had a mis-set screw which leaked water. There some nice pics of his replacement.

Good Luck
Hansom-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Greer , Arizona
Thanks to everyone and all of he great ideas....I have determined that the lek is NOT from the vent pipe. I have tightened the hand screw behind the toilet and I am taking the rig out this coming weekend...I will see if that corrected the problem or if any of he other suggestions work. GREAT forum and thanks again for all of the responses...invaluable....Brent
Brent10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Another area to check for a leak is on the toilet bowl. You will notice that the bowl is actually a two part system that is fastened together about half way up the bowl. The fasteners are accessible only from the underneath part of the bowl so one must remove the toilet from its mounting by undoing the two holding nuts on the base and unscrewing the water inlet at the rear of the toilet. Turn the whole mess upside down and you will see two or three (can't remember) recessed screws that hold the thing together. Tighten these screws real well. If they were at all loose, ( like they were on mine) you may have just fixed your leak. Sometimes the Guys at the manufacturing plant just mess up. Don't we all. Jim
Old 03-09-2021, 09:16 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Euless , TX
I have a 25 here and many self inflicted roof leaks from Jackson Center. Going back for the 4th time.
The top door out side over the fridge sucks in water. Just look at it, water flows down and least resistance. It will come in at the side bottom. Some drains out the lower cut-outs and the rest comes in at the bottom of the fridge. It will rot your floor if they don't calk around everything in there. They haven't found a way to stop it from coming in.
VacuumKing is offline   Reply With Quote