Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Worth It?

Joined Good Sam - now getting lotsa junk mail.

Latest offering 2 CD set of RV Campground Navigator - new and improved.

Your thoughts. Is it worth it for $35.95
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Same Problem

We too joined Good Sam shortly after we brought home the trailer; thinking that we'd have it on the road in a couple weeks -- Hah, hah

We have been bombbarded the last year with stuff, but no one has actually contacted me from any Good Sam unit about any rallies, meetings or anything else. I know they are having them, because the "Highways" magazine says so.

As for the Navigator CD, I personally would rather have the campground guide once a year, because it is updated and the sites are rated every year. I normally can find one half price about mid year at our local bargain barn.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Members for now

I kind of enjoy the magazine even though it rarely has an Airstream in it.

My wife, who is already member of AAA, does the bulk of our destination & route planning, and suggested we keep our Good Sam membership for a year or two to see what unforseen benefit may shake out.

All the campgrounds we have visited who offer a discount to Good Sam members also give the same discount to AAA members. So that's a wash. Good Sams does offer road-side trailer help which AAA does not.

There is not a Good Sams unit in my town, but there is one in the next town over. Highways listed an email address to contact them, but I have yet to do so primarily because we enjoy our solo outings so much.

As far as the Campground Navigator, the price is probably fair enough, but AAA, in my wife's opinion, does a fine job of identifying & rating campgrounds, so we won't be buying the CDs.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
vest or beret...it all depends on your fashion style.....

norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote