Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #41
DMP
1 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Jax , Florida
Please send some energetic thoughts my way, if you have time...

Hello Vivian, I believe in YOU!! It’s funny, we’ve had our grandkids with us more than usual lately, and to see them come up with an idea (about school assignments, plotting an outside activity, helping me accomplish something around the house, etc...) is really amazing. You can really SEE the idea and subsequent energy come to life. As adults we get caught up in “what could happen if...” or “I can’t do that because”. We would never have bought trailers using that mindset!
You’re not mentally paralyzed- just preoccupied with the state of things today. Just concentrate on unpacking one single box or doing one “menial” task, just one, and stand back and be proud of yourself. Unplug yourself for thirty minutes and find something amazing outside- there are thousands of them- and revel in it. When i pray (meditate) for strength to get through a situation, I get through! You’ve got this!! Sending good vibes
DMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:35 PM   #42
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Home - spending internet e-mail time talking to family instead of the RV community. So, yes, a shift in focus. But we have not forgotten you fine folks. Hence the commitment of time to respond to your question. Social distance, wear a mask and be careful so we can see you down the road in your shyiney someday. Pat.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
GVA , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I don't object to the store employees serving as guards and controlling the number of people in the store at any given time. And I wasn't trying to jump the line ahead of people who had already been there waiting. All I object to is being told that I have to stand up in line for 45 minutes when I'm not physically capable of standing in line for 45 minutes. I wouldn't have minded waiting as long as it took, as long as I didn't have to stand on my injured foot the whole time I was waiting.

There are other ways they could have handled it, like maybe "Give me your cell number and you can wait in your car until we call to say it's your turn." Or, "Sure, we have motorized carts that aren't being used right now, let me call someone to bring one out to you." Or, "We expect the line will be shorter at xx time later today if you want to come back then." But none of those things happened.

And as for designated times for seniors and disabled, this particular store hasn't bothered posted special shopping times for seniors and disabled.
I don't get it years of creating laws to insure handicapped people can gain access from parking to curbs to door access in the laws and bylaws now somehow some store appointed gestapo guard can deny you the right to access one of their handicap scooter. was the rule of law thrown out because some idiot was put in charge of a store door. There is a Duty to accommodate!
Old 04-27-2020, 04:54 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
Problem is, I had foot surgery a week ago, and I'm just barely getting around on a cane. I physically can't stand in line for 45 minutes without risking making my injury worse. So when I I asked the guards how long the wait was, I asked for one of their motorized shopping carts to sit in while I waited. They said, "We can't let you do that." When I asked why, they said, "You can't have one until you get inside." So I turned around and left, and that particular store will never see me again even after things get back to what passes for normal.
It just occurred to me: there is a hiking "stick" or cane, made of aluminum (thus appropriate for an Airstream owner ), that folds out to a canvas seat on a tripod. You could use that to sit on while you wait in line. Might help you just walking, too.

And/or: ask to speak to the Gestapo's supervisor, or the store manager, i.e., go up the food chain. That usually brings some sanity to the situation.
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #45
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
It just occurred to me: there is a hiking "stick" or cane, made of aluminum, that folds out to a canvas seat on a tripod. You could use that to sit on while you wait in line. Might help you just walking, too.
If I had one at the time, that would have been great. But I didn't have one, and didn't know that I would need one when I went shopping that day. But as the saying goes, hindsight is 20/20.

I ended up going to a different store, and haven't experienced any problems there. So no harm done, except that one store permanently lost a customer and another store gained one.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
If I had one at the time, that would have been great. But I didn't have one, and didn't know that I would need one when I went shopping that day. But as the saying goes, hindsight is 20/20.

I ended up going to a different store, and haven't experienced any problems there. So no harm done, except that one store permanently lost a customer and another store gained one.
Oh clearly mine is a hindsight suggestion, but maybe for the future? It wouldn't be a bad idea to have such a cane/seat available. And I'm with you: take your custom to a more cooperative store.

But the best outcome is to get well and not need any such thing again! Best of luck to you in that endeavor!

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Working

Since we are fulltime airstream people we are the ones keeping America running by fixing the broken stuff. One of the big problems was finding a place to stay. The RV industry is going to be hit by a problem in the near future about the closing of campgrounds but the leaving of motels open. We can isolate ourselves better in a half empty campground than a motel. We are in the hill country of Texas now and maybe here for a long time. Job is never ending here and have the option to stay. After this mess might just stay and get off the road for a while
beetlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #48
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
I only post (add my two cents worth) when I have something (IMHO) is going to add value to the discussion. I am not into simply BS like right now.
2013 F-150HD FX4 SuperCrew Lariart (MaxTow) "Red Dragon"
drbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Rogers , Arkansas
Hard to Cell Coverage Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, due to this Virus thing, you are supposed to be at home. I am / we are. So if everyone is at home, then why is it no-one is posting? When I click on User C P, I usually see, maybe, eight to fifteen threads with new posts. Lately I have only seeing like three. Today there was only one thread with new posts. Where are you?

Now we have been very busy working around the house. Gardening, pressure washing, concrete sealing, and much more. But I still have time for Air Forums.
Plus having more fun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1765 camping 2.png
Views:	48
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	366814  
Mikebrady62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #50
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Birdsboro , Pennsylvania
We’re at home near the Grand Canyon!

We full timers are always at home. Any RV park operators that want to open their parks should be permitted to do so immediately, if not sooner. If you go outside of your house, you can go RVing. Get out there and RV, it’s social distancing at its finest. Attachment 366834
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52965B01-1844-4767-BD53-638EE1B6112E.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	366838  
Cdeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #51
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Polson , Montana
Polson Montana

Just moved into our Airstream for the summer. Will be staying safe in Polson Montana. Tried to upload a photo but not sure if I did it correctly. Montana opened this week and on Monday restaurants and bars can open. So we will soon be visiting the Elks Lodge for Happy Hour.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C4B07374-EC9E-4F35-B7D8-0C59569F8266.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	366849  
Polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #52
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polson View Post
Just moved into our Airstream for the summer. Will be staying safe in Polson Montana. Tried to upload a photo but not sure if I did it correctly. Montana opened this week and on Monday restaurants and bars can open. So we will soon be visiting the Elks Lodge for Happy Hour.

Long shot, is that across from the Walmart? IIRC Eagles nest ?
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:57 AM   #53
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Polson , Montana
No. We are at Flathead RV Resort in Polson Montana.
Polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Looks like a nice site. FWIW if you moved the trailer closer to the concrete pad, you could step off the bottom step directly onto the concrete IMO. This might help avoid twisted ankles at the concrete/asphalt transition, where there looks to be a small step up. Difficult to navigate in the dark IMO. [Please don't ask how I know this! ]

Have a great summer!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:17 PM   #55
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polson View Post
No. We are at Flathead RV Resort in Polson Montana.

It looked a bit like where my uncle lived in Polson. Homes in front rv sites behind it. At south end of Flathead lake. Across from WM.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:21 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Just watched a WAPO video on another thread that showed strokes, clots, and organ failures in younger folks following having COVID-19, so this thing is much worse than we had thought.

Thus I think we are in for a much longer recuperation time for normalcy, and maybe never unless our scientists can figure out a vaccine.

So now I am penned up in my house except for walking my dog and grocery shopping, and looking at this same state indefinitely. My house is under restoration, so it is a total disaster: full of boxes and bags, floors covered with cardboard (to protect new wood floors underneath), pieces of lumber and tools strewn around, cans of paint and shellac and brushes also strewn around.

If I can make myself continue the work, I have just a few minor (relatively speaking) chores left before beginning the clean-up, getting rid of extra stuff from downsizing, and bringing my furniture from storage. So with all this time on my hands from self-isolation, I should be able to really make progress, IF I CAN MAKE MYSELF DO IT!! "To do, or not to do, that is the [paraphrased] question!"

Please send some energetic thoughts my way, if you have time...

Vivian
Vivian,

Make a SHORT list of two or three small or easy tasks that you can accomplish in half an hour or less. Do one and you are half way there, do the next one and you'll feel a sense of accomplishment... which can motivate you to do just one additional task.. or perhaps two.

Setting a too difficult goal leaves you exhausted and feeling you've failed if you fall short.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
Maybe I am the exception to the rule here......Fulltimer...still working....with a better understanding of what I need and don't need.

I need more freezer space for food....not a 200lb washer dryer that's taking up space.

I need a cell phone booster to keep my signal strength up while telworking.

I need to get out of the cold, wet, windy weather of West Virginia.

But most important, I need to retire in October. 149 days, 15 hours, 24 mins as of today 5/5/2020 Needless to say the countdown is on!!
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote