Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2004, 01:13 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Wash 'n Watch...

Hi ALL....
....Jus bn told this by a Friend of mine, who this happend to whilst on a trip 2 LONDON....Mmmm...
Waiting 4 the lights 2 change, a scruffy alien leaps out in front of his 4x4 & set abt cleaning the windscreen...with his SQUEGEE...only takes a few moments, then He sticks out his HAND, so feeling amused U give the Guy a pound coin ( £1 )....BUT, jus as the lights R changin, He let's it drop into Yr car, b'tween the door & the seat...so knowing this, that U don't have time 2 HUNT 4 the coin, U give the Guy ANOTHER ONE..thinkin I'll get it bk later....
Mmmm..FINE, NO problem....UNTIL U do actualy FIND the COIN....well it's a COIN...maybe a SPANISH or FRENCH, looks like a English £1 coin...thus U end up givin the Guy £2, for a quick slosh on Yr screen, with thilthy water.... " I THINK I gonna ghange MY JOB ".....
Matey says it's FUNNY that He fell 4 it...but it jus goes 2 show what exactly U can FALL 4...whilst under those few moments of preasure...after all...Who DARE'S hold up The City of London's traffick at 4pm Rush hour.........
Do U Guy's have this problem too...LOL...Chris.....
Old 06-30-2004, 01:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Lmao..

Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
Hi ALL....
....Jus bn told this by a Friend of mine, who this happend to whilst on a trip 2 LONDON....Mmmm...
Waiting 4 the lights 2 change, a scruffy alien leaps out in front of his 4x4 & set abt cleaning the windscreen...with his SQUEGEE...only takes a few moments, then He sticks out his HAND, so feeling amused U give the Guy a pound coin ( £1 )....BUT, jus as the lights R changin, He let's it drop into Yr car, b'tween the door & the seat...so knowing this, that U don't have time 2 HUNT 4 the coin, U give the Guy ANOTHER ONE..thinkin I'll get it bk later....
Mmmm..FINE, NO problem....UNTIL U do actualy FIND the COIN....well it's a COIN...maybe a SPANISH or FRENCH, looks like a English £1 coin...thus U end up givin the Guy £2, for a quick slosh on Yr screen, with thilthy water.... " I THINK I gonna ghange MY JOB ".....
Matey says it's FUNNY that He fell 4 it...but it jus goes 2 show what exactly U can FALL 4...whilst under those few moments of preasure...after all...Who DARE'S hold up The City of London's traffick at 4pm Rush hour.........
Do U Guy's have this problem too...LOL...Chris.....
Chris,
You know we live in "Cow Hampshire", so we're way behind you and, the rest of the world in this regard~!
I just dare any fool to "spit" on my Burb's window...lol, I'd expect he/she would find out the meaning of 4x4 drive rather quickly..
Noooo, I wouldn't hurt any of "God's" children, bless em...
I'd rather think I'd had the presence of mind to turn on my wipers..lol
(Talk about reversal shower.... )
Anyway...get ur butt back to the states and, have a recharge of batteries`!!
You deserve it~!
Greetings to all`
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi Ya Vern...

Say Vern...
Good Mornin 2 U from over the pond...Well WE booked up agn...2 go 2 FLA:, Nov/Dec '05....Realy wanna BOSTON agn...but jus tooooo COLD, lol. Yep GOOD idea, the WIPERS...strange how one nvr thinks of it b-4-hand LOL....still I hear the LAW R clampin down...sayin that I seen the size of Yr Motor...I doubt even if I could reach the darn Windscreen...nvr mind take on a set of tripple-speed wipers...LOL...at least with a snake U got ONE CHANCE...LMAO.....
There have bn a lot of changes in Orlando lately, so as it's bn a couple of years since our last visit...I kinda get " Home Sick " U kn....
Funny how Europe still DON'T appeal 2 any of US...jus can't seem 2 get our heads around that, goin there....NO Sir...U Guys took care of us ALL, on our First visit, so our SIXTH visit 2 FL: is sure a GO GO...LOL...
Once agn VIRGIN R havin the pleasure of Flyin us across the pond, My D/W has the knack of gettin a GREAT deal, & how She gets those DISCOUNTS...I'll never know...LOL....Infact this bookin IS cheaper than the LAST, NOW we R ALL Frequent Virgin Flyers...the little perks we get R great, like NO waitin at counters, Larger VAN, mind U...I NEED it once our " Girlies " hit the MALLS...LOL, NO actualy SOB, SOB...They only take Me 2 CARRY it ALL...LMAO....Well...ALL in GOOD FUN...
U Take Care now, OK, jus keep drinkin the BUD'S...Chris.....