Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
So, if I got this right, Milo is a hummer? Wow, he seems like such a nice person too.

Hummmmmmmmmmm, hummmmmmmmm, and dang it, here's me without my sandals.

Hey dw - it would seem that you really lucked out with the '56. Have you gotten around to hauling that puppy home yet? Or are you still providing the Saturday entertainment and refreshments?

Barry
Old 05-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee
From the beyond, I say to you, not Spain, California...home of the dos nanners...A chant you.....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dale,

When you get your next trailer and paint the places you've caravaned in Europe, the Americas and the African continent will you add Valencia, Ca. to the honor roll?

(As is said in South America.)
Tres Nannero's

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieZ
There should only be a way that a buyer, who wanted the original, and was willing to pay for it, could go to the web, and see here that we had it made with the cut in the right side of the "r" in caravan just a bit deeper than on the original, when its been duplicated.

Hi, I agree with EllieZ; The reproduction plaque should have something differrent from the original such as slightly larger in size and with a metric measurement. Or slightly differrent size letters on it. Or the year of "2008" stamped into the lower right hand corner.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:15 AM   #44
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
or maybe it should just be left alone... I have thought that those that have might make sure no one else has, then when someone that has, does not want to have, they can sell it to those that want for more money than they ever could want but foolishly have. It is is the old story of the haves and the have nots, or is it the halves ands the halves not....

I think you folks are making this into the Challis that Jesus drank from. Do you really think that someone is going to buy a reproduction caravan plate from Vintage Trailer Supply, put it on a pre 60's trailer, and try to pull off a scam? Common, seriously? You think that? Do you realize how much money is involved in getting a trailer, then making it look as if it was on one of these caravanned units? Could the profit actually be that great? One of Wally's bubbles has been for sale for over a year. It is now at 12k... proven authentic and it has not sold yet. Wouldn't a tiny trailer, having been owner by Wally be worth much more than some Overlander or cruiser with a caravan plate? I just do not see the point of needing to alter something that right off the bat will not possibly look exact to an original. I was given some of the name plates from Inland RV (Andy please refrain from comment, you are the best yes) those plates look nothing like the originals. I bought a set from Vintage Trailer Supply and the color is much closer, but it too is just not the original. If the caravan plate were reproduced, it might look close, but it will not be exact.
People need to stop being so paranoid about a piece of etched metal....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #45
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Dale,

When you get your next trailer and paint the places you've caravaned in Europe, the Americas and the African continent will you add Valencia, Ca. to the honor roll?

(As is said in South America.)
Tres Nannero's
Dear Tres,

Not a bad idea...Southern Rhodesia? Where is it? Must be Zimbabwe! Need to take out a second mortgage to have everything painted.

Wee Pee
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
So, if I got this right, Milo is a hummer? Wow, he seems like such a nice person too.

Hummmmmmmmmmm, hummmmmmmmm, and dang it, here's me without my sandals.

Hey dw - it would seem that you really lucked out with the '56. Have you gotten around to hauling that puppy home yet? Or are you still providing the Saturday entertainment and refreshments?

Barry
Hey Barry,

Still working on it. I have to refasten the front to the frame and install a wire harness for the brakes and clearance lights, than it is time to bring it home and start phase 2.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Dave

The day it shows up at home will be exciting I'm sure. I know when I got ours home, even though it needed lots of work, it was still hugely exciting. Then, five months of every night and weekend hour in built it mode later, we went camping and haven't stopped since.

Look forward to more pictures when you get moving on it again.

Take care,
Barry