Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
" Trash Dolls "

Hi ALL...
Well I thought I heard / seen it all, but in 2days paper I jus read this...

Shock Trailer Trash Dolls that DRINK, BELCH and SWEAR are a massive hit in America. The fowl mouthed toys are pregnant and speak phrases like "Pour me a double, I'm drinking for two."
They boast peroxide blonde hair and rollers and have cigarettes dangling from their lips. One, the £18.50 trash talking "Turleen" says "If the trailers a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'." Another "Little Miss Guzzler" has a six-pack of beer.
Makers Arsenic & Apple say the eleven and a half inch low-life dolls are popular with both children and adults.
Boss Danielle Gibby, who has sold thousands said "It started as a bit of fun but we soon realised there was a big market. Its all about having a laugh at stereotypical American images."
There are no plans to sell the dolls here (in the UK).
......... Mmm....What NEXT, I ask Myself...( I wonder IF Wally-World will have any left, when we come over 4 our Vacation...LOL...Chris.....
Old 03-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hey, what do you mean making fun of Americans? Ain't you got no trailers over there?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Exclamation Hee Hee...

No, No, My Good Lady, far from it, .... I aint makin Fun outta U Guys, it's an AMERICAN Guy makin all the Fun, & makin all the money at the same time...LOL.
Yep We got trailers here, but there's trailers & TRAILERS...if U kn what I mean, but sadly nothin over here even scratches the Airstreams, I mean, the Airstream is the Mother of ALL Trailers...kinda goes hand-in-hand with The Mother Road, 'ole route 66...& all the other American Icons that make Yr wonderful Land so Interestin, Well I've only bn 2 Yr side of the Pond 6 times but I sure like what I see, & the People I've met, as I say, We have Europe a few hours drive away, But, never been, & NOT likely 2 either, I still maintain Our 18 hour day from gettin up 2 gettin 2 our friends Villa in Orlando, IS well worth all the trouble...
... Well We were informed the other day that the DRAGONS have now gone from outside what wad Splendid China, on the 192, Kissimmee...us Brits used it as a marker, guess we will have 2 read the odometer...sigh !...not 2 worry...LOL.
Have A lovely weekend...Chris.....
Old 03-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
That's funny, Chris. The website is:
http://www.trailertrashdoll.com/
They even got sum fer cheap cuz they fell off the turnip truck and got damaged.

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Battle Ground , Washington
When I was a kid we played outside Cowboys and Indians. It was fun. Now they have gross new toys to play with doesn't sound like fun anymore. Their are many things I hate in this new world we live in. I do like to go camping in my old Airstream trailer.
Chuck
WBBCI 7854
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #6
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
"TOP TEN WAYS TO TELL IF YOU'RE TRAILER TRASH"

10. You think roadkill is a food group
9. A twister took everything you had and
you still haven't left town
8. You've ever used the words "Christmas"
and "bologna" together
7. You or someone you know has seen Elvis
in person in the last 20 years
6. You are a Woman who owns hot pants or
a Man who owns cut-offs
5. You let your 12 year old daughter
smoke at the dinner table (in front of
her kids!)
4. When you got married, you kept the
same grandparents
3. Your senior prom had day care
2. Your Halloween pumpkin has more teeth
than you do
1. You have ever referred to your
significant other as cuz, sis or bro!

Of course there are other ways to tell if you might be trailer trash. They include:

Have you been married three times and still have the same in-laws?
Do you think that the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are “Gentlemen, start your engines.

Do you think that the word Iraq refers to a woman with large breasts.

Have you ever lit a match in your bathroom and your home exploded right off of its wheels?
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Good 'Ole Days...

Gee Guys Yr makin ME feel OLD...I did the C & I's 2...Funny how I was always the injun, My Pals must have shot Me a Million times, all in good fun of course, LOL... I had the Metal / plastic soldiers, a Fort, & My Gran even bought Me a INDIAN play suit one Xmas, it was GREAT, FAB, WOW, had it bn 8 yrs B4, I WAS 14....& GIRLS had jus bn INVENTED, well, U kn GIRLS...they were like us lads, but different, they kinda smelled of talc 'n things, not of Horse Poo like us Lads did, & they were CRAP at climbin trees 4 conkers...& they NEVER realy smoked those cigerettes properly either, & I KN 4 a fact they NEVER had babies, 'cos thier MUMS NEVER shopped at WOOLWORTHS...SO THERE....LOL, as 4 the Trailer trash jokes, sorry I do'nt understand them, But I heard abt them tho...LOL...Oh Yea !, I once got an ACTION MAN doll 4 Xmas one year...well an EMPTY BOX, Mum said I'd GOT the DESERTER...well U ALWAYS get one, she said it was UNIQUE...& I had BEST look after it... MOTHER...there was NUFFIN 2 look after...Bless HER, I BET I was the only Kid in Cantley, NO the WORLD, who had Furniture Castors on roller skates... instead of wheels...That's big Brothers 4 U... Marmite, U ALL kn abt MARMITE... NO good puttin it on BROWN BREAD, U can't SEE it, so it's a Waste, So put it on WHITE BREAD, NO can't do that, it makes the Bread taste funny...Taste funny My ???.... I used 2 share an EGG with My sister, I Always got the WHITE...simply 'cos I did'nt like the YOLK...Did'nt like it, I never got a chance 2 ruddy well taste it...same as Bananas, I ALWAYS got the SKIN...
Sorry Guys got a lttl carried away, BTW, ALL TRUE...I KN I was that Lttl Guy with SHORT cut-off pants, with the POCKETS hangin down 2 inches BELOW the leg hems...like a dachunds ears...LOL Take care now, I Guess I can't make ALL of U laugh ALL of the time, But I hope 2 make SOME of U laugh SOME of the time...Chris.....
Old 03-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Dear Chris,

You always have such interesting things to say. Have you thought about setting up your own personal blog?

If you do, be sure to let us know the address.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Mmmm.......

Hi Markdoane....& All....
....U kn it's kinda funny, I said not so long ago, that I would love 2 write a book, a kinda Auto-Bio of My life, why not, I mean God must have had a sense of humor, He made ME...& every time I look in the mirror...it goes blank..., My Childhood was crammed with Mis-Fortunes, little mis-haps, like goin 2 the store 4a BOILED EGG...& things like, I love Elephants...but I could'nt EAT a whole one...& the funniest one I saw in WALLY-WORLD at Orlando was in the Opticians window a poster readin, "" HAVE Yr Eyes tested whilst U WAIT ""...now that realy did crease ME...& gettin stopped drivin the WRONG way down a oneway street...The look on policemans face when I told Him I was only goin ONE way...Goin 2 School in ODD pumps, one BLACK one WHITE, one size 4 the other size 5, one a slip on, the other a lace up, it never bothered Me what the other students called Me, what REALY screwed Me up was they were BOTH LEFT FEET...I walked like a ruddy CRAB for months...did it bother ME, no, as long as I got My KIPPERS 4 My tea, I was HAPPY...LOL, so, I guess ONE DAY, I'll do that, write a book...LOL, ...Chris.....