Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
1977 Argosy 28
Agassiz , b.c.
got one on the hook!

Heres the text Ive received from the 'seller' of the bambi on ebay. Does this look familiar? Im the high bidder and have contacted ebay a couple times, they havent shut it down. And they have just asked me for my ebay user ID.........
eBay Motors: 2002 Airstream Bambi trailer 19' camper very clean (item 120389849982 end time Mar-16-09 20:55:48 PDT)=

Hello,
I would first like to let you know that the 2002 Airstream Bambi trailer is in like new condition, no damages, clear title and ready to travel. I will split the shipping costs with you so if you want to buy it before the auction end the total price is $9,290.00 including the shipping to your door. The shipping will take about 2-3 working days.
If you want to buy it, send me your shipping address including the full name and I will send you the invoice.
Do you have a fax number to receive it ?
Thank you,
Jo O'Dea
uglyduck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
1977 Argosy 28
Agassiz , b.c.
ebay vehicle program

here's the rest of it i just received......somehow along the way, Jo O'Dea is now Andrei Karpovicius and appears to reside in southern california! anyone care to report the ebay listing above as well, im still the highest bidder and i dont need another one!
Transaction #VPP- 3089670 Invoice
Overview - 2002 Airstream Bambi trailer 19' camper very clean
Dear 16trading,
The seller (odeaj10051948), started the transaction over the eBay Vehicle Purchase Program. eBay require the payment to be done through bank transfer service to an Vehicle Purchase Protection Program verified account.

You are receiving this invoice because you are going to buy a vehicle over the eBay Motors and your seller requested to use eBay Vehicle Protection Program. The eBay Motors vehicle protection programs offer a set of services that build protection into every step of the vehicle buying process. Some of the elements are automatically included when you buy a vehicle covered by the program element (not all elements are available for all vehicles) while some of the elements are available for a small fee. The eBay Motors vehicle protection program is your safety net in the rare occasion that something goes wrong.

Instructions for payment.In order to complete the payment you will have to send the money by bank transfer to our agent.
The funds will not be released under any circumstances. We will hold the payment until you will send us your confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agree to keep the item. When we will have your confirmation we will transfer the funds to the seller.
Item Information
Item Title:
2002 Airstream Bambi trailer 19' camper very clean
Item Description:
Never been involved into an accident, no damages, ready to travel Clear Title.Payment Details
Buyer :
Kevin Landon
Shipping:Included Total amount:$9,290.00 Delivery To InformationKevin Landon
Address:
310 H Street
Blaine, WA/98230

eBay Agent Bank Account Details
Account Holder :
Andrei Karpovicius
E Terrace St, Altadena, CA/91001
Bank Name:
Bank of America

2345 N Lake Ave, Altadena, CA/91001

(626) 578-5148

Bank Address:
Bank Phone:
Account Number:
Routing Number:

Delivery Method - DAS Auto Shippers
Pick up time:
Same day with the payment confirmation.
Service:
Door to Door
10 days return policy
Insurance
Real time 24 hours online satellite tracking

How to complete the payment? 1. Make the payment by wire transfer from your bank to our agent.

2. Fax the payment receipt to the following fax number: (858) 309-5767

Once we receive the payment confirmation, we will instruct the seller to start the shipping process. We will hold the payment details until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received. As soon as we receive your confirmation we will release the payment details to the seller.

Important Notice!
uglyduck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #23
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia

Our latest communication....

Britnee
I will be trvlng to calif April 1st. I'll spop in
LV to inspect it. okidoki.

BCL

----- Original Message -----
To: BOB CROSSE
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: 2005 19' International CCD/Bambi Interior Tropical Oak

Hi again,
The trailer is already at a shipping company in Las Vegas, NV. I took the trailer to them to be able to ship it to a potential buyer whilst I'm out of town. My brother in law works there, and he promised me that it will cost me nothing to ship it in the US. I also have the trailer listed on eBay View item and that lets me use their secured system. I'm very busy with my job and I'm sorry I can't meet you in person. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the trailer to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

So if you really want it, press Buy it now on eBay . After you get the trailer you have 5 days to test and if you decide to keep it, eBay will release the money to me, if NOT they will refund your money and the shipping company will take the trailer back on my expense and keep it until I find a new buyer.
Regards Britni Griffin.

--
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Albert Einstein
Old 03-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #24
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Thumbs down Reply

Here we go again....

Britny,

I like to have trlr, but need to see furst. Bringing USA Bank chtz for $5800. Snd address of storage, name of BIL, tel. #.
I'dle call for appt.
BC
----- Original Message -----
To: BOB CROSSE
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: 2005 19' International CCD/Bambi Interior Tropical Oak

Hi again,
The trailer is already at a shipping company in Las Vegas, NV. I took the trailer to them to be able to ship it to a potential buyer whilst I'm out of town. My brother in law works there, and he promised me that it will cost me nothing to ship it in the US. I also have the trailer listed on eBay View item and that lets me use their secured system. I'm very busy with my job and I'm sorry I can't meet you in person. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the trailer to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

So if you really want it, press Buy it now on eBay . After you get the trailer you have 5 days to test and if you decide to keep it, eBay will release the money to me, if NOT they will refund your money and the shipping company will take the trailer back on my expense and keep it until I find a new buyer.
Regards Britni Griffin.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
LOL That's hilarious! Tell us how the "live inspection" goes.... hahaha

I just used Craigspal to search again tonight, and they're at it again. This time they all seem to be 2004 Bambis for the usual $5800. I've found them in at least 8-10 states so far, and the search isn't even complete. Scary thing is, if they keep doing this, it seems that maybe someone's falling for it :-/
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
eBay Bambi Scam!@

Hi Guys,

My name is Don Shade and I am new to the Airstream community. In fact, I'm new to the Bambi eBay scam... I was the highest bidder on that 2002 Bambi which I've always wanted. Luckily, I joined this forum and found your thread... small world!

After winning the auction, I innocently sent the seller this email:

Quote:
Hello,

My wife, Meredith, and I are glad to have won the auction. I can come to Florida and complete the purchase in person this Saturday. Please let me know if this will work for you.

Best regards,
Don Shade
Boulder, Colorado
So does anyone out there want to sell me their 2002 Bambi? No scammers, please

Don
donshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #27
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Welcome Aboard

Don,

Glad you got thru it ok..keep us posted
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Erie , Pennsylvania
My wife and I almost bought the bambi last fall. I even spoke with the lady through email and she told me that she is divorced and broke. I asked if I could check out the unit and she told me that the unit is california with her brother. The deal seemed to good to be true!!!! I was almost suckered but decided to bail out at the last minute.
rollingbubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Looks as if we have thwarted the efforts of the scammers using the good name of Airstream... I haven't seen any more on Craigslist for quite a few days now. Good news!! :-) Just wondering what other product they're now using to scam...
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 03-21-2009, 03:51 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
Airstream Scam/Happy Ending

Ours was a very happy ending. You will see in my profile I own a 2002 19' Bambi. When I registered here, I had just "won" the Bambi on the eBay scam. So that is what I registered. eBay proactively contacted me and said the listing was invalid and canceled the auction. So my wife and I continued our search and as luck would have it, a 2002 19' Bambi came available in Gillette, Wyoming. We purchased that trailer from a very nice couple last night. So I don't even have to change my profile.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Congratulations Don!! So happy it all ended well and you still ended up with the trailer you wanted. And thank God you didn't send the $ to the scammer before it was too late! Welcome to the forums, welcome to AS ownership, and glad things are looking up after your brush with the scammers!
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 03-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by donshade View Post
Ours was a very happy ending. You will see in my profile I own a 2002 19' Bambi. When I registered here, I had just "won" the Bambi on the eBay scam. So that is what I registered. eBay proactively contacted me and said the listing was invalid and canceled the auction. So my wife and I continued our search and as luck would have it, a 2002 19' Bambi came available in Gillette, Wyoming. We purchased that trailer from a very nice couple last night. So I don't even have to change my profile.

Congratulations on your new Bambi I am so glad that it all worked out in your favor. The first AS I found ended up bring a scam as well. The tip off was when they wouldn't let an inspector check it out in Atlanta. They informed me that it had already been crated for shipping which was free by the way. I just had a hard time picturing a crated 34' Airstream. I asked them if I could pick it up? Then they said that wasn't an option. So I told them that would be sending the check to them by "Passenger Pigeon" and to look to the East.

SL
Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
Scammed but not defeated

While I was embarassed about falling for the scam, it's nice now that I'm sitting in the Bambi watching PBS TV via the Winegard antenna. I'm parked in my driveway just like when I was 17 just sitting in my new car.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #34
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Britnie baled on us I guess, Must 'ev sold that fine bamby...
Old 03-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #35
Rivet Master

donshade, congrats on your new bambi. I spent many evenings sitting in my driveway in my safari when I got it too.

Happy streaming! Rich
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Ok everyone, HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! Lots of scam posts on Craigslist again tonight. They always list a 2005 19' International CCD Bambi, then throw a few other words in there for flair. The prices are more jumbled now, but always in the $5800's ($5834, 5823, 5897, etc.)

If you can check your local Craigslist or if you can use a national Craigslist search, please "search and destroy" these so no one gets suckered in. I'm posting as I go!!!

Sheri
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 04-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #37
Commercial Member

1971 31' Sovereign
New London , Pennsylvania
Be aware Europe, France, Deutschland, United Kingdom, there are a number of Airstream scams now with own blogs and internet searching machine for ebay and craigslist ads, photos and description. F.e. " Airstream Import USA " Klaus Moskop located in Miami Florida is trying to sell hundreds of unknown Airstream Trailers on it's blogspot in the internet. He is asking 33% deposit downpayments ..attention / warning..!! he has criminal past, German courts are looking for him....fraud in many German citizens.. check this Forum to see how big trouble he still has with many people....and the video from german television report. Take care Airstreamers !
air4eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #38
Airstream1661

2007 23' Safari SE
Johns Creek , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to mikenicholso Send a message via Yahoo to mikenicholso Send a message via Skype™ to mikenicholso
I just got the email from Britni Griffin using email address britnigrf76@gmail.com

Encouraging me to buy the Bambi on Ebay and explaining that I could see pictures of it at Picasa Web Albums - Britni - Airstream

Funny thing is these pics are from Colonial:

Colonial Airstream NJ*- 2005 Airstream International CCD 19' Bambi
mikenicholso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #39
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Welcome Aboard!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenicholso View Post
I just got the email from Britni Griffin using email address britnigrf76@gmail.com

Encouraging me to buy the Bambi on Ebay and explaining that I could see pictures of it at Picasa Web Albums - Britni - Airstream

Funny thing is these pics are from Colonial:

Colonial Airstream NJ*- 2005 Airstream International CCD 19' Bambi
BRITNI'S BACK!!!

Hope she's as gentle with you as she was with me.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #40

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I saw one of those $5800 Bambi's on our local CL. I clicked on it because the title mentioned 'Towel Rack TV DVD', and I thought, wow - limited characters and you use them up pointing out it has a towel rack? This I gotta see! Then I saw the price and realized it was just another scammer

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote