Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Storage around Manassas, VA

I am looking for a recommendation on where I can park/store my trailer for 2 weeks around Manassas, VA. I won't be staying at the trailer so no hook ups are necessary.
I've searched online and haven't found any places that are even close to being of the size I need. I have a 27' so I could use a 30' space and about 12 to 14'wide.
Anybody know of a place to fill my needs or at least something close to what I'm looking for? I'll be visiting my son and he lives in a cul de sac and there is no room for me to park.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Might try a campground in the area, which may have an area where RVís can be stored.

I have seen lots of these.

Good luck.

Maggie
Old 07-20-2020, 09:23 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Might try a campground in the area, which may have an area where RV’s can be stored.

I have seen lots of these.

Good luck.

Maggie
Maggie, thanks for posting to my thread. I have not tried private campgrounds to see if they offer that storage type of a deal. I'll start exploring that avenue today. I recently searched all the public storage places and found that they cater to people who want to store boxes or furniture. The ones that do have RV space don't look like they are safe to leave a trailer.
Your idea may have hit the nail right on the head.
Thanks!
Old 07-20-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
1996 34' Classic

1996 34' Excella
Locust Grove , Virginia
Daughter and Husband store theirs in Haymarket. Think it's called Haymarket Self-storage.
2010 TREK 2.3
Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #5
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Bluto -

We've stayed here before while visiting family in Haymaket, VA. Haymarket is right next door to Manassas. It's a Family run business, you could probably make some arrangements with them.

Greenville Farm Family Campground
14004 Shelter Ln, Haymarket VA 20169
703-754-7944
http://www.greenvillecampground.com/

Tom - S/OS #025
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #6
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Prince William Forest Park is not too far from you .. Perhaps they will allow this.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:22 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
DFW , Texas
X2 Prince William Forest Park. Bob is the manager and runs a tight ship. We were just there for a month. Lots of aluminum in/out every week.
no_worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:32 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
FordTruck and Stremn,

Thanks, I missed that one. Glad you guys answered my call for help with finding a place.
I'll contact them today!
Old 07-21-2020, 06:45 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
pmclemore and no__worries,

Prince Williams is a very nice park and normally it would have been great for camping but,,,,
A few years ago I got a spot at Prince Williams Forest campground. I visited my sons family all day and went to the trailer at night. Did that for a week because the host would not let me leave it unless someone stayed in it at least at night. Makes sense and I can see why they have that rule but it became a problem for me to adhere to that rule each evening. If all fails, I always will have that as a backup. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2020, 08:56 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
BullRun park that is right off of i66 has 2 RV storage lots. I often see sort term trailers parked near the storage lots in the off season. This year is pretty much all off season they may have space for you.

When you call ask to talk to someone about RV storage.
Jackstincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:39 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstincan View Post
BullRun park that is right off of i66 has 2 RV storage lots. I often see sort term trailers parked near the storage lots in the off season. This year is pretty much all off season they may have space for you.

When you call ask to talk to someone about RV storage.

I'll give them a call. Thank You.