Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Sign of the Times

Just got back from the SEMA show. Several major companies pulled out at the last minute while others got discount deals on booth space to stay in. At least two dozen new F-150's in different configurations. Been awhile since I've attended and I was surprised at the number of companies offering work truck equipment and trailer towing stuff. Neatest item was a wireless TV with the camera stuck on the tailgate with a magnetic mount and the receiver was hand held....There were at least half a dozen really big crewcab trucks from Freightliner, Sterling, etc.

Alas and alack, this was stuck on a really neat Toyota truck on display in front of the Las Vegas Convention center:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02540.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	71065  
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
Just got back from the SEMA show. Several major companies pulled out at the last minute while others got discount deals on booth space to stay in. At least two dozen new F-150's in different configurations. Been awhile since I've attended and I was surprised at the number of companies offering work truck equipment and trailer towing stuff. Neatest item was a wireless TV with the camera stuck on the tailgate with a magnetic mount and the receiver was hand held....There were at least half a dozen really big crewcab trucks from Freightliner, Sterling, etc.

Alas and alack, this was stuck on a really neat Toyota truck on display in front of the Las Vegas Convention center:
Check the classifieds. That camera system has been available here for 6 months.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Dennis, I wonder how many more vehicles we'll be seeing as repossessions? I fear you are right it's a sign of these hard times and perhaps just a beginning. I love to go to the shows and see the new products, especially RV shows!

We've got an older Expedition I bet I would have been drooling over the new 150s. While I have heard of some add-on cameras I have not seen one yet myself. I need one for the Airstream!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
SEMA is great fun. Went a couple years ago. Tough times yes. At my dealership we have some expensive cars that are still here.. coming up on one year. The Chevy dealer down the street still has brand new 2007's. Those would have been delivered to their dealer late 06' for early 07'. We skipped the show this year. Im sure attendance was down.. or maybe the people buying.

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote