Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2020, 10:36 AM   #301
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Lighten up...😂

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 05-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #302
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I guess I am now old enough that I don't get it. Is this was senility feels like? I hardly ever know who the musical groups are on SNL either.
I think Jim is having some fun with Cerberus, as in the Cerberus Code from the movie "Olympus has Fallen", which is a (not real) fail-safe device that has 'keys' to prevent an ICBM from reaching its target, combined with the forum name taken by Cerberus, and Cerberus, a 3-headed hell hound who guards the underworld entrance to prevent the dead from leaving.

How crickets fit into this I don't know, other than a cricket emoji was suggested because this particular thread went silent for a while and crickets are an indication that no one is speaking and you can hear crickets.

How about it Jim, am I in the ballpark?
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:05 AM   #303
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Lighten up...😂

Bob
🇺🇸

I came across this a few weeks ago. The duck joke is funny but I think the one about the cows is the best one.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #304
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
I think Jim is having some fun with Cerberus, as in the Cerberus Code from the movie "Olympus has Fallen", which is a (not real) fail-safe device that has 'keys' to prevent an ICBM from reaching its target, combined with the forum name taken by Cerberus, and Cerberus, a 3-headed hell hound who guards the underworld entrance to prevent the dead from leaving.

How crickets fit into this I don't know, other than a cricket emoji was suggested because this particular thread went silent for a while and crickets are an indication that no one is speaking and you can hear crickets.

How about it Jim, am I in the ballpark?
Give that man a cigar. Right on both counts.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:05 PM   #305
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Give that man a cigar. Right on both counts.

Jim
Oh, I am so glad to have all of that explained. I didn't know about the code use of Cerberus. My Cerberus is a Doberman (with only one head) who guards my hell-of-a-house (it's under restoration).

And the cricket thing needed explanation for my old, feeble brain as well--very interesting. I guess I should get out more.... Maybe after COVID goes cricket.

Vivian (and Cerberus)
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #306
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Oh, I am so glad to have all of that explained. I didn't know about the code use of Cerberus. My Cerberus is a Doberman (with only one head) who guards my hell-of-a-house (it's under restoration).

And the cricket thing needed explanation for my old, feeble brain as well--very interesting. I guess I should get out more.... Maybe after COVID goes cricket.

Vivian (and Cerberus)
Viv, I actually thought you were having a little fun with us. Not too many people know about the Cerberus code thing. At one time, codes and ciphers were important to me. I couldn't let that one go by without a wiseacre comment.

Doberman's are really cool critters. Glad to hear you have a good 'un. We've, um, downgraded, to viscous attack chihuahuas. Two little guys that will irritate you to death.

Stay safe, stay healthy. This stuff will pass. Then we can all have a cold one and enjoy life again.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 05-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #307
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 05-17-2020, 07:15 PM   #308
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
до свидания

Auf Wiedersehen

Au revoir

再见

再見

さようなら

Mar sin leat

Slán

ವಿದಾಯ

And Finally, Αντιο σας

See you down the road. May your travels be safe, your happiness be always and your life filled with Love and Good Friends. Remember that only you can make that happen.

Oh, and Be Prepared. An important Man once said that.

It's been great!

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 05-17-2020, 08:52 PM   #309
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Viv, I actually thought you were having a little fun with us. Not too many people know about the Cerberus code thing. At one time, codes and ciphers were important to me. I couldn't let that one go by without a wiseacre comment.

Doberman's are really cool critters. Glad to hear you have a good 'un. We've, um, downgraded, to viscous attack chihuahuas. Two little guys that will irritate you to death.

Stay safe, stay healthy. This stuff will pass. Then we can all have a cold one and enjoy life again.

Jim
I enjoyed a cold one last evening on my front porch, waving at the neighbors passing by: I'm too old to wait for anything, much less until this stuff has passed--I may pass first!

(And don't be too sure about the "downgrading," Chihuahuas are scary little dudes with lots of white pointy teeth.)

You-all take care, maybe we can hoist one together at a rally in better times....

Vivian
Old 05-18-2020, 12:36 PM   #310
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Vivian, I just noticed you are in Pocatello. Fifteen or more years ago we found a bar/restaurant for lunch‚ before we had a trailer, in what seemed like a downtown area, and it was a comedy of errors. We ordered a Greek salad, but it came without olives. The waiter seemed to be very stoned and forgetful. Things kept going wrong. They did have my favorite tea, Market Spice, and the manager was nice about it all. A couple of years alter we were passing though and found the place again and it was fine. Several more years appeased and we were in Pocatello again and couldn't find the place though we drove all over. We did find a Chinese restaurant that must have bought their food at the supermarket because it tasted like Chun King, that is bland and pretty bad. That sums up our Pocatello experience. We have been to the potato museum up the road.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #311
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Inquiring minds want to know...

Have you ever posted a picture to the internet and then wished you hadn't?
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:01 PM   #312
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
No.

Maggie
Old 05-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #313
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
I've never posted a picture to the internet. Unless Airforums counts.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:05 AM   #314
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
No.

Maggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
I've never posted a picture to the internet. Unless Airforums counts.
I can't recall for certain if I ever wished that I had not posted a picture. But seeing a picture somebody posted recently I wonder if their spouse knew they were putting it on the internet for everyone to see. And perhaps that person looked at their post after the fact and wondered if it was the best decision they made that day. Just got me wondering.

Yes, Air Forums counts, as does Facebook and other social media. Some of these platforms give you the ability to delete a post (picture) but many only allow editing and deleting for a short period of time. After that it's cast in stone as they say.

You might have had varying degrees of regret... Oops, that picture is sideways. Or, hmmm... wish I would have cropped that one. Both very minor issues. Perhaps it was more like... Doh!, that picture doesn't even match what I was talking about. Or the more regrettable... Why did I do that - that was stupid!
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
Old 05-20-2020, 06:25 AM   #315
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Not sure I’ve posted a picture I regretted, but I’ve made some posts that were less than helpful. Maybe even once I was off topic.. For sure I’ve said some things I’ve had to apologize for. But tomorrow is our 43rd anniversary, so you all have to know I’m pretty quick with those sincere apologies, and I continue to improve.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #316
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Quote:

I stumbled across this today... Interesting to see some of the Awkward Family Photos. I didn't have the web site in mind when I posted the question above but it's fun to see the photos shown HERE There are lots of categories on the web site - do some browsing.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:13 AM   #317
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Emale...don't 'ya just luv it?😡

Spam?

Bob
🇺🇸
Got into the rum..🥴
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2e61.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	368516  
Old 05-23-2020, 07:11 AM   #318
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Looks like spam to me, as no reputable business would send out something that looks like that.

You have to read things very carefully these days.

I get a fair number of spams posing as a bank or PayPal, and recently several from Jim Campbell with a few words and an enclosed link.

Maggie
Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #319
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:

I only wish I knew how to post a picture to the internet, although maybe my ignorance has saved me from having to answer "yes" to the OP.

Vivian
Old 05-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #320
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Channeling my inner Andy Rooney...

Do you know anyone who sends email with the subject "Hi" regardless of what the topic might be? For that matter is "Hi" really a subject?

On Edit: Forgot to mention that an email subject of "Hi" is one of the top reasons an email might end up automatically in the SPAM folder or has a high probability of being deleted by the user since "Hi" in the subject is often an indication of some sort of phishing expedition. And yet, people that should otherwise be aware of such things, continue to send email with only the word "Hi" as the subject. Or how about no subject at all! I wonder if Andy Rooney ever addressed the issue?