RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #521
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
HiGene....

Here it's a shot race between the VA and our local Wegmans Sooper market.

The VA won last Season for my flu shot mainly 'cuz I was already there for an appointment.
Normally it would be the stupid market that wins.
Actually it's better there cause Sandra and I can get ours at the same time, and we don't have to ask each other, "Did we get our flu shots this year?", one of us is bound to remember.

So far 2021 has been kind of a bust.
Big snowstorm started the month off.
Snowblower took a dump the same day, along with the garage door.
Next day the toaster burnt out, the bottom oven in the new stove poofed, and Lawn Santa got buried by the plow.
My hair is as long as it was in the early 70's with no remedy in sight.
The Bills are doing great, but nobody's allowed in the Stadium. It was much more fun in the 90's, maybe no covid and 40yrs younger would help.

Other than that everything's pretty good, well everything except Washington DC,
I guess it's not so good there!

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7BD49B81-E400-4C8F-8D68-A2884DEE5299_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	386817  

Tahawus
🌤
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:09 PM   #522
Think Freedom

1973 27' Overlander
Third Rock from , Sol
Bob, why is Sonny Bono standing in your kitchen?

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #523
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
[QUOTE=Jim & Susan;2449648]Bob, why is Sonny Bono standing in your kitchen?
[/QUOTE

He's in charge of the quesadillas and I what's under my thumb.😂

Bob
🇺🇸

Tahawus
🌤
Old 01-13-2021, 11:43 AM   #524
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Humor!

Thank our good GOD for the humor on this thread! You guys are keeping me sane, at least I think I am still sane. May be differences of opinion on that...

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #525
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Sanity is overrated, IMHO!
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:27 PM   #526
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
. . .
. . . what's under my thumb.��
. . .
Guess you were getting ready to load film in the Pentax eh?

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #527
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Ahh yes 35mm, we had just finished bowling and Bro Doug was in charge of munchy relief, being from California he thought you could handle quesadilla building.
Well, it worked kind'a, nobody got sick and I'm still here.

We need this Today...

Bob
🇺🇸

Tahawus
🌤
Old 01-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #528
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Feds said 65 and up, so I expect states will follow but it will take some time to make the adjustment. Three hours after vaccination, no swelling, no pain. Better get to work on column which will run Sunday I’ve been assured.
Very glad to hear that some states are beginning to roll out their vaccination programs to the 65 and older.

CA is having a rough time. We have the most doses of any state but have only 27% distributed. Gov announced Wed. general distribution to 65 and older. There has not been any general announcement about where or when we can sign up for shots. They haven't thought this through. Counties are saying there is a slow rollout, ranging from insufficient doses to not enough healthcare workers. Ever wonder what they would do during a real emergency? Like a pandemic?

Doctor living next door to us got his shot about two weeks ago and complained about the pain. He is considering not taking the second shot. Not sure about the wisdom in that.

County Health Depts. here have no clue what to do. The bats in our area will get shots before we will. What a mess.
zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:08 PM   #529
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
It is two days and several hours since we got our first shots. Barb had some achiness first evening and we both had a little swelling in our arms. She only had a little irritation at the injection site the next morning; I had a little more. Today, she has no pain and I have some very minor irritation. Everyone is different. The aches, swelling and sometimes a low fever means the vaccine is working. We had more swelling from flu shots last September, but that shot had .7 ml. fluid and the Moderna vaccine has only .5 ml. Seems like not much different, but the flu shot felt like a flood inside my arm. My PhD immunologist neighbor says various parts of the immune system start working to get ready to produce antibodies pretty fast, but until you get the second shot, things are still getting ready. Immunity happens about 2 weeks after shot 2. That's what I have read too. Our county is doing a very good job and could be giving more shots if the feds would distribute more to Colorado. Colorado is ahead of most states in administering vaccine. Mesa Co. ordered 6,000 shots last week and got only 1,000. We signed up immediately when the age was lowered to 70 and so got into the first group of seniors this week. Colorado will go to age 65 when we get more vaccine. I've checked all this with the County Health Dep't Director. He's doing a good job, but neighboring agricultural counties don't have the resources and money to help hasn't arrived yet. Given the magnitude of the problem of administering millions of doses twice, I expected things would be difficult. Lots of health departments are looking for volunteers (I publish the contact email for our county every chance I get), but they haven't been too successful, partly because it is hard to get qualified people for injecting vaccine like nurses and some lab workers. I'll have a column Sunday in the local paper about what the shot was like, then a get 4 weeks off to work on my shower project.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #530
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Sanity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Sanity is overrated, IMHO!
I agree completely. It is just no fun at all.

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:03 AM   #531
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Wann'a get cheered up....Watch the America's Cup Sailboat races today on NBCSN.
I was really pissed at them when I first started watching yesterday, beaches packed, no masks, spectator boats loaded with reveling peep's, 'merican flags everywhere.
WTF are they thinking?
Then the first commentary started....It's in New Zealand Dumby, the Covid left last year.

BTW...the boats are super Kool. Not like I remember racing in Uncle Harolds "Lightning" & "Raven" class boats back in the day.
These things are going 30knots in 10mph winds. 😲

Bob
🇺🇸

Tahawus
🌤
Old 01-16-2021, 07:28 AM   #532
3 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Wann'a get cheered up....Watch the America's Cup Sailboat races today on NBCSN.

I was really pissed at them when I first started watching yesterday, beaches packed, no masks, spectator boats loaded with reveling peep's, 'merican flags everywhere.

WTF are they thinking?

Then the first commentary started....It's in New Zealand Dumby, the Covid left last year.

BTW...the boats are super Kool. Not like I remember racing in Uncle Harolds "Lightning" & "Raven" class boats back in the day.

These things are going 30knots in 10mph winds.

Bob

I agree! Grew up racing Hobie’s on Siesta Key. I’ve owned Hunter 33 and Morgan 41 OI. Just sold my Hunter 33e a few years ago here in GA. These races and boats are not like Ted Turners 1977 Courageous win. The technology & speed are crazy!!! A definite watch even for non sailors.
WBCCI# 8026
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:38 AM   #533
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
^
YEP!!!!

Bob
🇺🇸

Tahawus
🌤
Old 01-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #534
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Quote:
"Helm down to the weather" Some how after Dennis Conner won the Americas Cup the magic seems more subdued now. Maybe because the the Cup has gone down under. I know I lost the interest in following. Might watch it just for grins.
Did quite a bit of cruising in the San Juan Islands. Lots of places to investigate. But when I started to notice my balance was suffering and couldn't work the foredeck properly sold the boat.

Those were the days when I read everything Tristan Jones wrote beginning with the Incredible Voyage, until I figured our that a lot of the voyaging was in his vivid imagination. Entertaining none the less. I believe he started a sailing school in Ventura CA where he taught sailing to the physically handy capped. He had by then lost both of his legs to diabetes and in a wheel chair would teach sailing on board a catamaran christened the "Outward Leg". That had to be tough. Crusty ole guy.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:53 PM   #535
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapper View Post
. . .
. . . He had by then lost both of his legs to diabetes and in a wheel chair would teach sailing on board a catamaran christened the "Outward Leg". That had to be tough. Crusty ole guy.
Surprising -- with his good sense of humor -- that he didn't name the boat "The Outward Legs" . . .

Sail safe . . . and . . .

Peter
Old 01-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #536
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Wann'a get cheered up....Watch the America's Cup Sailboat races today . . .
. . .
Great videos of insane boats . . . thanks all!

Reminder that you can click on the YouTube URL at the top, to open up Full Screen etc. options.

My oh my . . . those boats can fly!

Peter
Old 01-16-2021, 06:29 PM   #537
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Apparently he was a seaman aboard the HMS HOOD in WWII during the engagement of the Bismarck pocket battleship.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #538
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Fort Wayne , Indiana
Back to emergency calls

For those who have Apple iPhones (and want to use Siri for emergencies), you do not need to do so. Simply hold the right side button and the left side button at the same time. A screen pops up that offers four options: 1. Power off, 2. Medical ID, 3. Emergency SOS, and 4. Cancel. Siri is nice, but you don’t need her to call 911.
Eric
Randonneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:13 AM   #539
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
That boat looked fast even when it capsized.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #540
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonneur View Post
For those who have Apple iPhones (and want to use Siri for emergencies), you do not need to do so. Simply hold the right side button and the left side button at the same time. A screen pops up that offers four options: 1. Power off, 2. Medical ID, 3. Emergency SOS, and 4. Cancel. Siri is nice, but you don’t need her to call 911.
Eric
You can also set up an "SOS" contact list which the phone will call -- with simple push operations like the above -- including the local PD and Ambulance, in case you can't see -- or operate -- the screen.

It works great . . . don't ask . . .

Still breathin' . . .

Peter