Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2020, 08:02 AM   #461
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
We search for good news.

Apropos of this thread, now every time I want to take a quick look at the Forum, I have to sign in again. Never had to do that before unless I was absent for many, many weeks. Such complications make me not bother even though a few extra clicks should not matter, it does.
When you log in there is a checkbox below the password box you can select that says "Remember me". Select it and that should take care of the problem.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #462
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
When you log in there is a checkbox below the password box you can select that says "Remember me". Select it and that should take care of the problem.
I have, but alas, the link has dementia.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:52 AM   #463
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
Quote:
I have, but alas, the link has dementia.
Are you blocking cookies? If you do then that is probably the dementia problem. Turn off cookie blocking and see if that makes a difference. Also, try a different browser, especially if you recently changed to a different one.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 11-25-2020, 12:24 PM   #464
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I have not disabled cookies. This time I clicked on "remember me" before anything else. Maybe that will work. Many websites are increasing security, sometimes needlessly, and making it harder to use the internet. Maybe it is necessary, but is does make the internet less appealing.

Thanksgiving is strange enough this year. Imagine if you lost your sense of taste and smell on National Overeating Day?

Old 11-25-2020, 03:19 PM   #465
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
I have, but alas, the link h🥴as dementia.

I have sex...but I forgot what to do with it. 🥴

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 11-26-2020, 05:55 PM   #466
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Bob, that's the biggest signal ever of a severe short circuit.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:37 PM   #467
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
I have five cats and a short attention span.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #468
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
After short research, I have discovered cats are not required to have a short attention span.

I bought a Black November discounted Eufy RoboVac. That makes me wish I still had a cat to see what the cat would do. We can't ignore it as it goes around running into things, getting stuck and even cleaning. The vacuum itself is very inefficient and makes up for it by going back over the same places again and again and again. Fun these days is watching it try to climb up a thick carpet or watch it get stuck somewhere and try to escape. While my wife would be insulted to get a vacuum as a present, I think this thing is cool and am glad to get it for Xmas, though early.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #469
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
A number of years ago (5???) my wife wanted a Roomba, one that connects to the Interweb over your home WiFi. We've named it Rambo and every day at 10 AM it starts up and cleans, if the wife remembered to empty the bin (new ones empty their own bin but after several days you have to empty the bin for the bin emptier. )

iRobot has been very good with support, even replacing the entire unit at one point because the charging connection was overheating. Every day it starts and does it's thing. All was well....until this summer. I think Rambo had a stroke or maybe early onset Alzheimer's disease. It will clean according to its program, then near the end it seems to forget what its doing. It will stop, do a 360 spin, go to the next room and do a couple 360 spins, clean 1 swath, return to the other room, do more swaths, then back to the room with its base and either finish or do weird stuff until its battery dies.

The wife still likes it, says it saves her from vacuuming that area more often to get the pet hair. I find it somewhat entertaining, watching it spin and wander around. The dog used to chase it but now it seems to be afraid of it.

This week it has a new issue in that it doesn't charge overnight sometimes. The charging contacts are clean, it's sitting in the docking station, I don't know what's wrong. Maybe I should call iRobot and tell them the charging contacts are overheating.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Old 11-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #470
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
While drifting around Utah some time ago, I lost my site marker. Stainless Steel, riveted (of course) and kind of prism shaped. Looks like it could be part of an Airstream.

Anyone seen it?

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #471
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore View Post
While drifting around Utah some time ago, I lost my site marker. Stainless Steel, riveted (of course) and kind of prism shaped. Looks like it could be part of an Airstream.

Anyone seen it?

Pat
I haven’t seen it, but it seems to be a couple of hours from here. I was thinking of going to get it and sell it or put it in my yard. I do know a metal sculptor here who has the right kind of sense of humor, so I have to find out if he is involved.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:28 AM   #472
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
. . .
I bought a Black November discounted Eufy RoboVac. That makes me wish I still had a cat to see what the cat would do. We can't ignore it as it goes around running into things, getting stuck and even cleaning. The vacuum itself is very inefficient and makes up for it by going back over the same places again and again and again. Fun these days is watching it try to climb up a thick carpet or watch it get stuck somewhere and try to escape. While my wife would be insulted to get a vacuum as a present, I think this thing is cool and am glad to get it for Xmas, though early.
Seems like a good way to spend time these days . . . watching that vacuum!

Any new columns coming for the holidaze?

Cheers,
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #473
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
There should be a column this Sunday, Peter.

The vacuum does not clean itself—had to unwind and cut hair out yesterday. Maybe these robots need masticators to chop up the hair. We have too much to do, move slower than we used to and keep taking on more projects, so the vacuum helps us with our cleaning weaknesses. Planning on a shower/bathtub project (we have two showers and bathtub as well behind shower doors) with new modern doors, retile everything, put in a design I modified from something I saw at the hotel in Yosemite and drive myself crazy. I wanted to finish this house before I was 80. I failed. Now I have to live even longer.

I flirt with the idea of selling the house. Prices have gone way up since we bought it, but then what will a more "practical" house cost? Then I'd have to start remodeling again and hope to finish before I am 90.

Old 12-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #474
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Gene . . . no new columns posted yet . . . probably tomorrow . . . to let the Sunday hard copy sell out . . .

Noticed the new shades coming for the ziplines, however . . . so's you don't get sunburned awaiting your turn to zip.

https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/west...e57c6b29f.html

Old 12-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #475
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Peter, it is on the second Op/Ed page at the bottom. They left out bylines and photos on some columns (like mine) and the names of the people who submitted letters to the editor. Everything is done electronically now (no more linotypes) and it looks like an earlier, incomplete version of the pages was sent out by mistake and no one checked. When the Op/d editor comes in tomorrow, he will get a lot of ribbing.

The best one this year in the Sentinel was the new reporter who seemed to indicate the sun rose in the west. I guess where she came from (Alpha Centuri?) it did.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #476
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Gene . . . hoping the Op/Ed editor can update the site to show your column, and to credit you with a byline.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #477
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Column page updated but no column/credit for you, Gene.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:34 AM   #478
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
I want a Basecamp !!

Just putting that out there. Just got my Jeep Wrangler 2 years ago and still broke...lol.

An Airstream Basecamp is a perfect add-on to complete my Jeep or my soul?? Hmmm
Renogy flat Solar panels on top of my Jeep already with a Goal zero 400. Lifesaver water filter, portable shower, road map book, Mainstays emergency foodbars , camp fire starter..yes I repeat to the universe "I am ready ro accept my Airstream Basecamp X*
CybrPnkJdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #479
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
I watched the video of the new Basecamp 20’. Pretty impressive in my opinion. I could see going with one. (If everything works as indicated). We are pretty well committed to our current AS model and style of camping though.
I used to think I wanted to get into “overlanding” but climbing up a ladder to get into a rooftop tent, trying to level our FJ Cruiser, and bringing along coolers or portable refrigerators, stoves, etc.. overwhelmed me. I’m sure there are overlanders in their late 60s, but I won’t be included.
If I want to rough it, I’ll travel by motorcycle and carry my tent and everything else with me. Fun by myself. Surprisingly my lovely wife wants no part of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	950F9694-32DA-4A43-BB24-477C2C6C68B9.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	450.0 KB
ID:	385040  

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:41 PM   #480
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Peter, it is on the second Op/Ed page at the bottom. They left out bylines and photos on some columns (like mine) and the names of the people who submitted letters to the editor. Everything is done electronically now (no more linotypes) and it looks like an earlier, incomplete version of the pages was sent out by mistake and no one checked. When the Op/d editor comes in tomorrow, he will get a lot of ribbing.
. . .
Wondering if the Op/Ed editor gave you any feedback on whether the changes are permanent? Sorry not to be able to see your column online with a proper byline.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!