Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2004, 03:23 PM   #1

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
PDX area? Come see our play!

Hi all, I've been so busy I probably haven't been online for more than a few minutes the last two weeks. My husband and I have a little theater company, and we're putting on a play for halloween! It's a classic ghost story from the 40s called The Uninvited. We've been working on it since September, and have been at the theater getting things ready until late at night every night this week.

We aren't in the play, but we directed and I'm running the lights. We had some friends from our OR Unit show up last night with their little grandkids, and they enjoyed it, and the kids got a little scared, but he said they were talking about it all the way home so I guess it was a winner with them

Here's the website with play information
Vancouver OnStage presents The Uninvited

It's being held in downtown Vancouver, WA, so it's easy access for anyone in the Portland/Vancouver area. So I just wanted to invite any locals who are looking for a Halloween type activity suitable for the whole family to come on by and enjoy the show. My hubby will be at the ticket table, and I'll be around somewhere, so say Hi if you come.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:53 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
I survived it!

Well, our play is finally over and life will soon return to normal. I wanted to share pictures of the set my husband and I built and decorated for the play (I do much of the building, he's the idea guy), and a shot from the performance. I'm pretty proud of our work, it's a step up from the kind of community theater we usually see around here. I guess our actors deserve some credit too

We had almost 650 people attend over the six performances this weekend. It was pretty exciting, and profitable enough to continue doing these things twice a year. Lots of work though! When I married my husband, I knew he was into the theater thing, but I didn't think he'd start his own theater company! He assures me there will still be plenty of time for travelling though - I hope so!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stage.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	9210   Click image for larger version

Name:	show.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	9211  

Old 10-25-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Congradulations and very nice work! Airstream restoration should be easy compared to the work you did on the set

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Sorry we missed it! We were recovering from 30+ day trip (in our "twinky") to Kansas to see family and celebrate both our retirements! I've been in a couple of plays, "Death Takes a Holiday" and "When the Clock Strikes Twelve". They were both a lot of work and fun! Now I should have time to do what I want to do!!!!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Ah, I knew someone around here would know about what it takes to put on a play. Our group is all volunteer, just enthusiastic people from the community, but they manage to put on a pretty good production. Their dedication is what gets me. At least we're self employed, so we have quite a bit of freedom with our time, it's the people who come spend three hours at rehersal right after work, or who come to rehersal and then go on to their job on the night shift, that amaze me. I'll let everyone know when the next play is and if you're in town you can come up to visit.

Ken, you'd think I'd be brave about working on the trailer, but on stage everything needs to look good from 20 feet away, where on the trailer you never get 20 feet away from the stuff inside! But it has helped me learn a lot about construction and woodworking, and is a husband-approved excuse for buying new tools. Next year - a table saw

Old 10-25-2004, 11:44 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Great job!

My wife and her friend own a small theatre company in Seattle (Mirror Stage Theatre). I know firsthand what a job it is to run a successful company. Funding is a major hurdle. Kudos for you to drawing such a crowd!

Good luck in the future, and keep us up to date on future runs.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:26 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Stephanie,

Congratulations on the success of your show. Great looking set and thanks for sharing the photos. A small production company should be a lot of fun and a tremendous amount of work.

I met my bride 31 years ago while performing in "Night Watch", she was running the sound. It was love at first sight, I can still remember seeing her from across the back stage area and thinking I needed to spend some time with her. I purposed and she accepted 6 weeks after our first date. :-)

Atb,
Royce
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Ahhh the ol 20 foot test. Table saw - thats major cool - its one of my prize possesions - mine was my fathers that my mother bought for him in the early 50's - its an Atlas and it has built lots of stuff in my lifetime. Houses, cabinets, boats, toys etc and now Airstream cabinets

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote