Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
"Patio Lanterns"

As many of you know - we are very new to the A/S scene - and have thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience so far of getting our first A/S.

We are very much looking forward to our first Rally.

Some may be up on our ongoing "Theme" for our 69 Globetrotter Sun Moon and Stars = MoonBeam.

So tell us true...do patio lanterns fit in the A/S society? and if so - how would these rate?

The obvious - moons and what about that blue? - right up the alley don't you think? - could paint the eyes gold.

Could be for the awning? Could be for the front window - or do we leave them at home?????

Still havi'n lots-a-fun with this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Lanterns.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	6007  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up They'd get a "thumbs up" in our group!

Go great with your theme...

We don't have an awning yet, but once we do we'll get lights for every occaision!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Shari

See I'm not the only one who is a night owl!

Thinking of going back and getting another strand???
Old 04-17-2004, 11:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Actually I don't think Shari ever goes to bed....she answered a post that I left early this morning.....

I love your moon lights. We, as you know haven't been on a trip yet, nor do we have an awning. But I guarantee we have our party lights lined up. I was talking with Mac from Bill Thomas' dealership here in MO, and he said that Flamingos and party lights are booming because of the influx of younger gererations that are buying airstreams...

Although I have never owned a trailer, or thought of having one prior to Jan....I have always associated Flamingos and party lights with trailers, and , since i know I own the high end trailer, I have no problem displaying party lights or flamingos, because I know with an airstream, I can't go wrong. I thind you and Shari will agree.

By the way GT, I'm sorry that I haven't chatted with you recently, but as Shari can vouch for, I have been pre-occupied with the lesser things in life.
It's great to chat with you again, and I don't want to loose touch, I look forward to hopefully visiting sometime this year.....

Thanks,
Ron
Old 04-17-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up Fun!

Have you seen this ol' thread? Tacky Lights

Quote:
See I'm not the only one who is a night owl!
Quote:
Actually I don't think Shari ever goes to bed...
All I need is 4-5 hours a night...a blessing & a curse!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:44 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
By the way GT, I'm sorry that I haven't chatted with you recently
There is no fear of loosing touch! We are hooked for life - and as long as this forum is alive - we will be here. And I can totally relate - busy busy busy with about 20-30 projects within projects on the go.

Your open house sounds great - your progress on your A/S family is amazing.....but you really should find some time to get out in your baby and "camp" even if you haul to the next driveway over

As soon as I am done the upholstery and all the stain and varnish all four of us are going to camp out in our driveway!

I love the flamingos too - but just wanted to be a bit different - just because of the year of our coach. We even have the SS comemorative Lunar Plaque that was attached to the Eagle and left on the moon - that will be riveted under the airstream plackard by the door.

"Here men from the planet earth first set foot upon the moon July 1969, A.D. We came in Peace for all Mankind"

But still like those Flamingos - our friends Gsymes is a Flamingo guy and we found some swizzel sticks - they were cute nice glass ones - never saw them but sent them off to them never-the-less. Hope to have a drink with them again one day soon.

Ron Summer is soon here - so get your butt in gear finish at least one of you A/S's grab Tony and go on a road trip to Stoney Lake! We'll fire up our fridge now so the coolies will be cold by the time you get here
Old 04-18-2004, 02:45 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Great Lights..

Sharon..Love those lights..will have to get some for THE PAINTED LADY when we have her all repainted and new awnings on.. Annie..
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote