Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Post Huggable Hangers (HSN Shopping)

I'm awaiting my new 22ft CCD. I was watching HSN in a semi-stupor about a week ago and saw the info-mercial for "huggable hangers". Sort of a suede covered hanger that is supposed to grip your clothing really well so that it doesn't fall off the hanger. Seemed like a great idea for any RV'er, and they had this 100 piece set that had everything from blouse & pants hangers, skirt clips, garment bags, over door hooks, storage boxes, yada-yada. So, out came the card and I bought 'em.

They arrived today. I immediately took a satin blouse and hung it on a hanger and shook it. Normally this blouse hits the floor three times just trying to get it ON a hanger and it has to be affixed manually with safety pins to stay on at all.

I'm actually impressed.

What I got is enough to stuff the wardrobes of a 34' Classic, so I'm dividing it between basecamp and the A/S.

The special set I got #390821, is no longer in stock but they do sell smaller sets. Take a look, it's www.hsn.com.

Paula & Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Upland , California
My wife was telling me about those things, she thought it was a good Idea for rving too. Have you been on the road with the A/S since you put them in? Do they really hang on to everything even after a road shuffle?
Kestrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
All of our clothing stays put by friction..... we have so much stuffed into the closet, we can't even pull it out, let alone it fall off.

Theo
Old 02-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Will they work on the road?

I don't know for sure. My new CCD is waiting in NH under 3 feet of snow. Pray for warm weather.

It looks like clothing will stay on, the suede like finish is almost like velcro. My satin blouse stayed on through a vigerous shaking. Putting pants on the hanger takes some adjustment, they DON'T slide easily. I'm hanging them over my arm, shimmying the hanger up the leg, then pulling my arm out.

P.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Another approach

Every time I stop overnight at the Cherokee Land Yacht Harbor Airstream park in Oklahoma, I have been greeted by an elderly lady bearing a present consisting of several ordinary wire hangers that she has artfully covered with colorful knitting yarn wrapped round and round. They work just great in keeping things on the hangers while underway. She apparently greets all visitors with her art.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote