Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2007, 04:23 AM   #21
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
way to go nick!

always enjoyed your posts on electro galvanic corrosion!

and everything else for that matter!

i find it hard to follow everything that gets posted daily too! the growth of this site has been simply amazing. have to give all of the credit to the great membership!

john
Old 10-31-2007, 05:47 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
The forum has changed and doesn't seem as personal as it once was. There are many new members and the posts and threads have taken some new and different directions. I think I would now have over a 1000 posts but about 800 were deleted ( my fault) over a dispute I had over deleted posts. Oh well, I'm still here and enjoy checking in on a daily bases. There's always something interesting to read and even though I've only ever met one forum member a lot of you still feel like good friends.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 AM   #23
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Hey Nick,

Nice going on 1000! Congrats.........

BTW, I have found a lot of your posts to be very precise, right on topic and full of great info. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto! Nick has helped me both directly and indirectly thru his paticipation here. Thanks for that. ANd keep up the good work!

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:35 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Nick,
Congrats on ur 1,000~!!
I have always enjoyed ur perspective,as an Airstreamer from across the pond.
Remembering those days, it was like the WILD WEST at times. Do I miss em?
Yea, it was chaotic at it's best and, GAWD who back then could ever forget HEX?? I enjoyed the heck out of his post and, the logical way of his diggs.
So many others, that seem to vanquish into thin air but not forgotten..
Yea, it changed, mostly for the better..Instead of a clutter desk(which I love~!!) everything has gotten filed into one huge room of file cabinets..
That's my story and, I am sticking to it..
Again, CONGRATS TO YOU..Stick around for a few more years~!!
ciao
53FC..aka towner: aka etc,etc, etc
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Thank you.

I've been away from home, looking after an elderly relative, but I've just checked back with the forum. I'm very touched by your messages of support, and will carry on enjoying the company of so many good and intelligent folks on the forum. It's kinda strange to have an extended family you've never met. That said, a bunch of us are having lunch in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks, shortly after I arrive from the U.K, so see you there, Bob (Canoestream) and Markdoane. Many thanks for the kind words of encouragement.
Nick.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:50 AM   #26
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman
The forum has changed and doesn't seem as personal as it once was. There are many new members and the posts and threads have taken some new and different directions. I think I would now have over a 1000 posts but about 800 were deleted ( my fault) over a dispute I had over deleted posts. Oh well, I'm still here and enjoy checking in on a daily bases. There's always something interesting to read and even though I've only ever met one forum member a lot of you still feel like good friends.
I remember you. You were my idol, standing up for our 1st amendment. And what a class act to actually threaten, and in the end, perform a public suicide in order to make your point. It was a sad day indeed when you finally bid farewell, and your wake was quite a good drunk if I remember correctly. Anyway welcome back, as you are probably aware, the forum has not changed much in this regard (which is a good thing, or this place would be a mess).

Congrats Nick

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 10-31-2007, 07:10 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcrowhurst
It's kinda strange to have an extended family you've never met. That said, a bunch of us are having lunch in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks, shortly after I arrive from the U.K, so see you there, Bob (Canoestream) and Markdoane.
Anybody want to join in? It will be lunch on Wednesday, November 21st at the Biaggi's at Eden Prairie Mall.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #28
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Nick, I echo everyone's sentiments. Your participation has always been insightful and valuable, and I think we all greet you as "friend". I'd love to meet you in Minneapolis, but I've got previous obligations. Have a piece of dessert for me!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:29 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Congratulations Nick, on your 1000th. This is a great forum and I'm glad you are part of it. Even as a total newbie I would read your posts, learn, laugh, and feel encouraged that I would eventually get the hang of Airstreaming. I thank you Nick, karma to you and hope to see many more of your postings.