Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2021, 05:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Harvest Host.

Hi, we stopped at Blue Heron in Tillamook, Oregon a few days back. They are a Harvest Host business. As a non-member I was allowed to sign up and stay there for one night free. Members are allowed to stay there two nights. We don't golf or drink. Are there any Airstreamer's who belong to Harvest Host and can share their experiences? Some hosts are museums and entrance fees could be quite expensive. Tell me more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010284.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	398196   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010279.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	376.1 KB
ID:	398197  

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Harvest Host.

We've been HH members for a long time. We love it every time we stay with a host. Normally, members are only allowed to stay one night, and are actively discouraged by HH from asking for more. We always try to listen and learn something about each host and their business, be it farming, wine making, brewing, running a farm stand, or running a museum. We always buy something, even if it's just a ticket to their museum, because that's the deal HH lays out for you when you join, and because it's fun. This is way more than just a free place to spend the night. You meet interesting people. You buy some cheese, or maybe some wine. You have a nice evening. You move on. If that's not for you, then I recommend against joining.

Oh, and since we don't golf and have zero interest in golf courses in general, we did not add the golf package to our membership.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:02 PM   #3
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
I've been a member for over a year now, but I have never found one along our path without driving over an hour of our normal path. I too don't have the golf course option.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Poulsbo , Washington
Blue Heron was our first Harvest Host stay, a couple of years ago. We stayed there a few weeks ago, and our neighbor just returned from their first HH stay there last night! Nice place, and I appreciate how welcoming they have been.

We don't use Harvest Host as much as we should! It's always been a fun stay.

I have noticed more trouble recently, as I look through possible stays. The new reservation system that HH is using is showing that many of the host sites are booked up for weeks and months to come, as though they were state parks! HH has worked best as a quick stopover on the way somewhere - I'm not sure how this is going to work for us now that they are getting busier. I know that there are many new hosts, even in the past few months - we'll see if they can manage the demand.

I am glad to see that Harvest Host is putting out a "three strikes and you are out" policy on people who abuse the reservation system and then no-show. I wish our state parks would do that!
DougFelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:28 PM   #6
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I'm also pleased with the new no-show policy at HH. Folks who care, and folks who HH hosts would enjoy hosting, would never do that kind of thing.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:02 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
PS to the links in Post #4 . . . this 2010 11-year-old HH thread just popped up again overnight, in the "New Posts" link in the blue menu bar above [desktop version of AF]:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f20...rms-61835.html

Have a good weekend,

Peter

FYI
FWIW
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote