Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Deer season

Here in Tennessee, my son and my grandson hunt out of our 71 Safari each year. Sure is more comfortable than out of a tent. My son got this deer last weekend.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer.gif
Views:	100
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	16664  
Dbraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #42
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbraw
Here in Tennessee, my son and my grandson hunt out of our 71 Safari each year. Sure is more comfortable than out of a tent. My son got this deer last weekend.
Dan
dan

nice buck! i have to agree about hunting out of a airstream! mine sure beats the drafty mouse infested farm house i used to stay in. -or- getting up 3 hours before dawn to drive to a hunting area.

since it seems many of us are doing well hunting this year, perhaps it is time for some recipies....

john
Old 11-25-2005, 10:01 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1976 25' Tradewind
. , Maine to Arizona
Plum Island

[quote=chuck]Rob, do you live around here, or just visit occasionally? I am a native and life-long resident of the area. gotta say, your statements are cute, but inaccurate.

Thanks Chuck. I like your Airstream.
Do not live in Mass any more.
Salisbury beach, the mighty Merrimac river, Plum Island Surfcasters Invitational Tournament, Martin Burns WMA aka Idiot Acres (for pheasants), Sandy Point State Park, which is beyond parking lot 6 on Parker River Natural Refuge, Joppa Flats: I have been going there for at least 40 years swimming, fishing and hunting. But you could be more accurate.
fastrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
What an exciting several days hunting in Texas. Friday morning I saw several does and a nice 8 pointer with antlers a couple inches outside each ear. We are not shooting anything other than does and nothing smaller than an 8. I passed looking for a larger set of antlers. Friday evening I saw 5 does and a huge 7 pointer with antlers at least 4 inches outside the ears but he was under our limit. He will be one nice deer next year. Saturday morning was also exciting after raining all Fri. night and into the morning. I saw 5 does and they all kept looking back. Ahhh, a buck must be behind them. I waited and waited then he showed up. A nice 8 pointer who promptly disappeared into the bushes behind the does. The does came within 10 yards of my ground blind and I sat frozen for 30 minutes waiting for them to move on and draw the buck from his hiding. Rats, the does winded me and ran off with the buck in hot pursuit. I couldn't get the right shot so I passed. Thirty minutes later I saw a 6 pointer 50 yds. to the left of my stand and then a doe 75 yards to the right of my stand. No javalina or turkey spotted during hunting but I did see 6 gobblers in a row crossing the road on the way out to see friends who own the ranch. Oh well, I can't wait to get to the ranch next Thanksgiving. I'll hunt maybe one weekend in TN. this year but watch out for next year.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:59 AM   #45
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
View from my Bedroom window thismorning.

not a great shot...low light, through a screen, camera set to lower resolution, overcast sky, and in the woods all make for a less than optimal pic.

I couldn't count 'em all, but I'd say he had six or 8 points, although, the rack isn't even visible in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283 (Small).JPG
Views:	95
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	16716  
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Hunting with the Camera

Chuck,

Nice shot. In the winter I take a screen or two off my windows with strategic views just for those shots. The buck I "shot" a few weeks ago and posted earlier hasn't returned. We had nine does and fawns in the yard yesterday. Three of the fawns I am beginning to recognize and I am sure they were born in the woods behind our house. If that buck impregnated any of the does I suspect I will see more fawns next spring.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:32 AM   #47
3 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Redmond , Oregon
John,

Great talking with you on chat the other night.

I too use my A/S to hunt out of. I have not deer hunted in years, mule deer season is still during by buisy work time of the year. I do elk hunt, if I am lucky enough to draw a tag, second season, around the first of November. Almost always snows and is always cold. I do indeed like the cold fall weather. I use one of two rifles, a 30.06 ackley improved M70 Classic SS if I am doing long walks and a .338 Win Mag built on a M1917 'Enfield' action if I am not wondering so far from the road. The '06 is 4 pounds lighter!

This last trip it was below freezing the first four days and nights, one tank of propane in the same four days! On board batteries ran the furnace for the night. Used generator to charge the bats in the evening.

Les
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 04:33 AM   #48
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
les good to chat with you too!

i have three rifles i use for deer, browning 30-06 BAR (favorite) browning .308 BLR (brush gun) and a old mossburg bolt 30-06, (foul weather gun)

after a couple of days they all seem heavy except the BLR.

john
Old 12-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Lightbulb Give ya any ideas?

You could do this with a photo or a mounted head! Tho' I know John's cubicle is on hydraulics...

From BoingBoing: "This ingenious "Called Eye Deer" poster's eyes light up when Rob's cubicle-phone rings, so he can tell whether it's his phone ringing or one of the identical-ring phones at adjacent cubicles."

See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8422135...l-69453349@N00

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote