Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Gas prices in June?

Ok experts what do you think the price of gas will be in June? I am interested in National prices and your State prices. I read it could be as high as 4.50$ a gallon in some areas. One factor stated was refineries on the east coast shutting down.

Gas prices will definitely play a roll in my travel plans.

Brian
Old 02-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
You ain't kidding bout that. I was talking to my ever aware sister in Las Cruces NM and she said that it could jump to five dollars a gallon and it would be an over night thing. Right now we are paying 3.39 here in SW Oklahoma for cheapest Unleaded.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorian View Post
Ok experts what do you think the price of gas will be in June? I am interested in National prices and your State prices. I read it could be as high as 4.50$ a gallon in some areas. One factor stated was refineries on the east coast shutting down.

Gas prices will definitely play a roll in my travel plans.

Brian
I wonder just how much oboma pissed off the oil companys by blocking the pipeline.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
The demand for oil in this country is the lowest since 9/11. We are exporting gas and oil products for the first time since 1949. South America and Asia are buying our products. This creates a problem for us. The unemployment situation is not helping either. This is what I have been reading and watching on video, which honestly I don't understand. I guess when the demand is up in this country the price will drop. I also agree shutting the pipe line was not in our countries best interest. WE are better off getting it before it goes to another country.

Brian
Old 02-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
$5.00 plus for 2012...........
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
x

XXXX , XXXX
I would love to see our gas prices drop to $4.50 a gallon, currently we are paying the equivalent of over $5.00 per gallon.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #7
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I would love to see our gas prices drop to $4.50 a gallon, currently we are paying the equivalent of over $5.00 per gallon.
Buy a campground in Florida and stay for good!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
with fuel prices going up will only mean are food prices and all oil base products will also increase. It only channels my focus to do what we origanlly planed and that is to homestead and grow our own food. With a barn with an apartment and two airstreams I know we can do what we set out to accomplish for retirement.

Brian
Old 02-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Pay to play, it's been that way.

Last June started @ $4.23 by Sept $3.79, expect more of the same this Season.

WMW.

Bob
Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Buy a campground in Florida and stay for good!
Yeah but then I wouldn't have winters off.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I expect to see the price go higher, maybe as much as $5.00 because of multiple factors.
It is a lot different today than it was in the '70's when you couldn't get gas. Today we have competition for every barrel of petroleum products. China, India and other developing countries are willing to pay the higher price for these products. If we want these products we have to compete in the global market.
Not only that, but with our mounting debt closing in on 16 trillion and other countries growing at alarming rates. Both economically and militarily. Today we are still the largest economy in the world. But others are catching up. Our competitors and our enemies see this. The enemy doesn't have to have a huge military to take us down. All they have to do is take down our economy.
I have travelled and worked in Canada. The price of fuel up north has always been higher than here. Now that the oil sand fields have been developed to the point of exporting oil. You would think their energy costs would have dropped.
We are spoiled here as well and have been for a long time when it comes to the cost of energy. I don't have the exact figures, but when you compare the wages we made 40 years ago to the price of a gallon of gas to what we pay today I doubt the ratio is much different. But unfortunately the price of fuel has a greater impact on the lower wage earners.
As others have mentioned, these higher prices effect virtually everything we buy because of transportation costs. Along with the cost of fuel to produce the items we consume.
When I retired I moved to a farming community and the price of diesel fuel was $.85 per gallon, propane was .$55 per gallon. Today both of these items has increased by 5 times. Imagine the impact that had on a farmer and the community around him. I mean these guys by fuel in lots sizes of 10,000 gallons. Talk about a fuel bill at the end of the month. Do you remember when diesel fuel was cheaper than gas?
I think the price will increase throughout the summer and then drop slightly after labor day because it is an election year. I also think that not approving the pipeline was a mistake and have let my representatives in Washington know about it.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote