Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #541
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by micsupply
so how does the GW's War lies fit in to this analagy? his lies are costing the American tax payers $1 Billion every two weeks?
Hmmm...who ever said there were lies?
You?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:50 PM   #542
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
uh-huh, gotcha, big boy ... so what is his responsibility?

Is that explanation really necessary...really?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #543
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Laura Bush? You respect her? She's a doormat! She looks pretty and acts caring, and when she visits all those poor people in Africa.....she goes on Safari! Come on! I'm not saying Hillary has no flaws, but Laura? Wipe feet here, comes to mind.

I'm hacked at Barbara for what she said but she is still one of my favorite first ladies. I love that she wore fake pearls and told people so. She stood behind what she thought and even stopped an interview with Sam Donaldson when he kicked her dog Millie. Laura would let her dog be kicked, just as long as it didn't cause conflict.

I can't stand this thread, I don't know why I'm even responding or reading it. It has nothing to do with my aluminum addiction. And after reading the posts here I just get angry, which causes me to grab the bottle of red wine and take it to the Airstream in the driveway and think happy thoughts. There's no place like trailer, there's no place like trailer......
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Old 09-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #544
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
of course not. it was a rhetorical question. he ain't taking responsibility for a damn thing. he's just saying he is.

you see spine. i see impunity.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #545
2 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
St James City , Florida
"I can't stand this thread, I don't know why I'm even responding or reading it. It has nothing to do with my aluminum addiction. And after reading the posts here I just get angry, which causes me to grab the bottle of red wine and take it to the Airstream in the driveway and think happy thoughts. There's no place like trailer, there's no place like trailer......"

Uberlander, Its called baiting.....Its hard to resist
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 PM   #546
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikagurl
Hmmm...who ever said there were lies?
You?
CIA Dir Tennet told Bush not to mention potential of WMDs in his State of the Union address in '03. Mainly because the case was weak at best with NO hard evidence. Bush ignored this plea and went ahead and lied to us about Iraq having WMDs, against the CIA judgement on the situation.

Check with quotes from Powell and his speach to the UN - Powell has stated it was a low point in his career in public service and will regret his speach forever.

I wouldn't find issue with any of this if I personally wasn't snowed. I initially supported the war based on what was to be fact. Later we discover that this was all pre-planned upon GW coming into office. Check out the very balanced Frontline piece on Rumsfeld titles "Rumsfeld's War". The neo-cons have shoved this war down our throats and they are profiting wildly from it. Based on your obtuse response to my "lies" post - you probably didn't know that once upon a time Cheney was the CEO of Halliburton either. His Halliburton sssets are in a "blind trust" -- ha ha.

Needless to say, I'm madder than hell because we are pouring my hard earned tax dollars into the sand on the other side of the world while our Gov't finances are a disaster. I have two teen agers who will bear the brunt of the out of control debt this President is creating and I don't ever want them to think I supported this policy in any way. A legacy that will take them their life times to pay off.

What are you going to say next? who cares about a weak dollar on the global market?? stuff is still cheap at Walmart.

my company is global in scope and relies on a strong dollar to maximise profitability. GW is doing nothing to help prop up the dollar in the global market - he is destroying the value of the US currency by saddling US citizens with debt while he and his cronies become wildly wealthier than they were prior to his administration.

Please listen to Greenspan once in a while, will you? Sorry you don't see it, but GW is taking us down a bad road. I love my Airstreams but I don't want to be forced to call them home until I retire and can take to the open road.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:20 AM   #547
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
once upon a time Cheney was the CEO of Halliburton either. His Halliburton sssets are in a "blind trust" -- ha ha.

wrong. the dems pressured him, and he sold his stock in haliburton, profiting wildly...ha ha.

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 09-14-2005, 06:41 AM   #548
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
Quote:
CIA Dir Tennet told Bush not to mention potential of WMDs in his State of the Union address in '03. Mainly because the case was weak at best with NO hard evidence. Bush ignored this plea and went ahead and lied to us about Iraq having WMDs, against the CIA judgement on the situation.

Check with quotes from Powell and his speach to the UN - Powell has stated it was a low point in his career in public service and will regret his speach forever.

flawed intell....plain and simple.

"bush lied, bush lied", the sophomoric rant of the liberal left is really a pain in the ass...i am so tired of their lies and half truthes...

powell is distancing himself for a run for president, cant you see that? look for him to make more "speaches"....

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 09-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #549
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
wrong. the dems pressured him, and he sold his stock in haliburton, profiting wildly...ha ha.
on the surface you are correct except that Cheney's money is sitting in the Vanguard Group - which happens to be a major shoreholder in Halliburton.

The Vanguard Group holdings are easily among Cheney's largest holdings. Assets are given in ranges (from $100,000 to $1M; from $1M to $5M; etc). Cheney's statement includes two holdings in the $500,000-$1M range; two holdings in the $1M-$5M range; and three holdings in the $5M-$25M range. Thus Cheney's assets invested with Vanguard Group total $18M to $87M. Given the size of Vanguard's stake in Halliburton, it is hard to imagine a mathematical possibility that Cheney's assets are unconnected to Halliburton's fortunes.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #550
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
Laura Bush? You respect her? She's a doormat! She looks pretty and acts caring, and when she visits all those poor people in Africa.....she goes on Safari! Come on! I'm not saying Hillary has no flaws, but Laura? Wipe feet here, comes to mind.
Laura would let her dog be kicked, just as long as it didn't cause conflict.
Yours is a typical rabid lib response...character assasination based solely on emotion and no fact.
I state that Laura Bush is a real Class Act. And she is. Her manners and social skills are impeccable. She is humble to boot. A real Lady with a capital "L".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
I can't stand this thread, I don't know why I'm even responding or reading it. It has nothing to do with my aluminum addiction. And after reading the posts here I just get angry, which causes me to grab the bottle of red wine and take it to the Airstream in the driveway and think happy thoughts. There's no place like trailer, there's no place like trailer......
Reminds me of the definition of insanity...doing the same things over and over again expecting a different result.
Have another drink.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #551
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
flawed intell....plain and simple.

"bush lied, bush lied", the sophomoric rant of the liberal left is really a pain in the ass...i am so tired of their lies and half truthes...

powell is distancing himself for a run for president, cant you see that? look for him to make more "speaches"....
I stated that prior to the State of the Union address Bush was told the intellegence was flawed by Tennent himself. Therefore Bush blatently LIED to all of us.

If you watch the Frontilne report I mentioned earlier you will learn that Wolfowitz wrote the plan to invade Iraq in 2000 . It was tabled at the time and unearthed in '02 - post 9/11.

Bottom line, the neo-cons shoved this - $1 Billion every two weeks - operation down our throats.

Powell was against the Iraq invasion from the beginning. He was towing the adminstration line when he went to the UN.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:34 AM   #552
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
and what was wolfowitz' job at the time?....the pentagon has written scenarios for more then one country....its called preparedness....

Old 09-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #553
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
I read your post and the difference is crystal clear between people like you and people like me.
You use the words "I, me, mine" 13 times that I counted.
My wallet, my money, my, me, mine.
Im a bit more concerned about the big picture...I dont live in a fishbowl.
Im also a student of history and philosphy.
US History is lined front to back with leaders who made HUGE judgement calls that were wildly unpopular at the time...but we're all real glad now they had the fortitude to do what was right despite popular opinion.

FDR came close to impeachment because NO ONE wanted to go into WW2. The majority of the population wanted to just bury their heads in the sand and pretend the Nazi's didnt mean anything to us.

LBJ in his personal quest to do what was morally right with Civil Rights probably thought he'd be better off hanging on a crucifix somewhere. Things got REAL BAD in the immediate aftermath...but now Id say most folks are glad he stuck to his guns.

Im not implying that GWB belongs in the ranks of these men...that is for history to decide. But if you dont believe these kamikaze Islamic fanatics will bring the battle to the home field given the opportunity...then you truly live in "Pollyanna land".

You cannot reason with these fanatics because they arent reasonable. They epitomize the most dangerous group on earth...Religious people. They'll convert you or kill you...makes no difference to them.
(I make a sharp personal differentiation be "religious people" and "people of faith")
Old 09-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #554
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman7
"I can't stand this thread, I don't know why I'm even responding or reading it. It has nothing to do with my aluminum addiction. And after reading the posts here I just get angry, which causes me to grab the bottle of red wine and take it to the Airstream in the driveway and think happy thoughts. There's no place like trailer, there's no place like trailer......"

Uberlander, Its called baiting.....Its hard to resist
Thanks for shooting yourself in the foot Barney.
I dont think any part of the below definition applies here.
You aren't being lured, enticed, or trapped into visiting this thread.
That's part of the victim's mentality..."they're causing me to!"
When in reality...you're doing it to yourself.

bait (beyt) Noun
1. Anything that serves as an enticement
come-on, hook, lure, sweetener
2. Something used to lure victims into danger
decoy, lure

bait (beyt) Verb
1. Harass with persistent criticism or carping
2. tease, razz [N. Amer], rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise [Brit], taunt, twit, rally, ride
3. Lure, entice, or entrap with bait
4. Attack with dogs or set dogs upon
Old 09-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #555
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikagurl
Im also a student of history and philosphy.
A worthy debating opponent - myself - Polital Science - Widener Univ (formerly Pennsylvania Military College)
Old 09-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #556
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
A worthy debating opponent - myself - Polital Science - Widener Univ (formerly Pennsylvania Military College)
I can handle that
Old 09-14-2005, 09:53 AM   #557

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Hey folks, its time to put this one to bed. While this is an "off topic" thread in the proper forum, when you get to politics and political debate, passions get pretty high and things tend to get very personal. Quite frankly when this section of the forum was created, no one thought that we would be getting into topics like this. From our standpoint there are other forums in the Internet world where you all can post and get your dander up.

Political debating was just not what was envisioned for the AirstreamForums nor should it be something that diverts so much of the moderators time just trying to make sure we all "play nice" or dealing with situations of those who don't. Nobody wins in these situations, so for all intents lets try to keep the off topic area free of political issues. I've got some strong opinions as to what is going on in this country but I'll place those somewhere else on the Internet where these types of discussions are catered to.

We ask that you do not start a new thread that covers these same or other political topics. Moderators will delete those threads if they appear.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 09-14-2005, 11:02 AM   #558
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Yes there are a million other web sites where you can rage against the machine and each other. Just lets not continue to do it here.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Closed Thread