Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Forrest Fenn and Rocky Mountain Treasure...

Seeking Adventure and Gold? Crack this Poem and head Outdoors.
John Burnett, Arts and Life, Weekend Edition Sunday, March 13, 2016
www.npr.org

A neighbor cut an article about a treasure hunter dying on the search, out of a newspaper for me, knowing that when one owns a metal detector... YOU must be looking for something, or... other. Why not a treasure chest measuring 10 inches by 10 inches. (Without the third dimension... it could be a sheet of paper and you fill in your name as the person to inherit the Estate of Forrest Fenn. The photo makes it appear to be 6 inches deep.)

New Mexico- Remains ID'd as missing treasure hunter by Mary Hudetz and Susan Montoya Bryan, Associated Press, Albuquerque, NM.

Background. This 85 year old millionaire hid a treasure chest in the Rocky Mountains worth a million dollars! He wrote a book, The Thrill of the Chase, that contains... of course, clues as to the where this treasure somewhere between New Mexico and the Canadian border... over 5,000 feet elevation.

For those of you saving up for that new Airstream... here is your opportunity. Find the treasure, keep quiet about it and spend some of it. Apparently many believe they know the location and intend on finding it... some day.

My clue. Look behind the photograph of Forrest Fenn in his Library. If I were to hide a treasure, I would want to research WHERE to put it. Maybe other photographs of the library can be found.

One... could be from a possibly well used verse of P. T. Barnum:

"There's a sucker born every minute..."

But then again... there are some Airstream owners in Taos and Santa Fe that just might have beat us to the treasure. None are talking...

I understand that Forrest Fenn died recently. Maybe it is true, you CAN take your treasure with you.

Any suggestions?

I have other current Treasure Hunts... The River of Gold in Clark County, Nevada is as good as one gets.