Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Euro Airstreams On The Way - Shortly

If anyone on this list from Europe has a 684 on order two are sitting just inside the gate at the factory and are leaving this weekend for Baltimore. These were on the line when I did the factory tour on July 23 and have been sitting in the finished lot for the past few days. These trailers will not be towed to Baltimore but will be trucked or carried on another trailer - I'm told they are not "street legal" in the USA.

Outwardly the two trailers are identical with one exception. One has the beltline molding that Airstream is putting on all domestic trailers now to help control filiform corrosion and the other does not. Although I have an idea why only one has this trim it might be that this is an option on Euro trailers so I won't speculate.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Hi Al,
While your were taking the tour did you happen to see a 31 D on the line?
Ours was reportly due to be completed on the 28th. I hoping to see it any day now.
Ken W7TS
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Ken I wouldn't know a 31 D if it crawled up and bit me on the ankle. Quite a few trailers have been moved into the finished/ready to ship lot this week and if you can tell me how to recognize a 31 D I'll be happy to walk up there later and take a look.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Thanks for the reply. About all I know is that it is big and silver. I saw a picture of one once.
Back to the original subject, it would be interesting to know what the Euro trailers lack for US regs. It will give me something to google.
regards
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote