Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #41
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver suz
SIGH... Everyone here has a true milk (not just lactose intolerant) allergy- no cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc etc.
Suz: have you tried OatsCreme? It's a non-dairy ice cream made from oats.
Don't know if it's available in your area.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 05:55 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
No, I haven't heard of it! I do eat oats! Thank you for the suggestion! silver suz
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:58 PM   #43
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
I could never come up with the knowledge you all have...
but "Norbie" !??...

I do know that RAW egg whites will deteriorate the gastrio-intestinal lining of anyone or anything that ingests it. So, give your pooch raw egg yolks...but make sure the whites are cooked.
.......Cat
Old 05-10-2004, 08:31 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
cat, interesting take a on the egg whites,can you back up that allegation?
my lab got her egg as a "saturday night special"...i can assure you when she departed this earth, it was not due to raw egg whites....
i once had a friend who would take a raw egg in his beer....he died of alcoholism, not raw eggs....pity....such a waste of life.....took him 70 years to do it......
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:37 AM   #45
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
i once had a friend who would take a raw egg in his beer....he died of alcoholism, not raw eggs....pity....such a waste of life.....took him 70 years to do it......
norby
Was that at Sam & Ella's Restaurant?
Old 05-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
no...just down the street at the gag & choke....
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:43 AM   #47
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Or was it across the street at Listeria's Pizzaria
Old 06-10-2004, 11:52 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Eglu

OK, for keeping chickens, here's a suggestion, the Eglu , but it probably looks more fitting with the CCDs.

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 06:47 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
The answer - the eggman

I can't believe no one has offered Mr. Eggman (a la' Divine's mama in the movie Pink Flamingoes) as the ultimate solution to the Airstream egg dilema.

Can't say as how I could recommend the movie to viewing by kids, but it certainly contains (sick) humor a college student could relate to.

As I grow older I may change my toys, but I refuse to grow up.

I plan to get a Blue Glass Globe and a White Porcelain Chicken with Chicks to go with the flock of Pink Flamingos.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Evening ALL....
EGGS....Yep, whilst in FLA: back in '02, we usualy fill up our bellies at the G/C all U can eat...( OK fill her up & keep-on-truckin Cafe...)...LOL, there was this Guy, who went 2 the EGG booth, & enquired HOW MANY eggs He were allowed..The Woman server replied "....Sir, I aint here 2 judge...U jus think of a number..." The Guy asked if He could have 4.....sunny-side-up, & he GOT FOUR....
Now, I was standing behind him, wonderin IF I DARE ask for 2 eggs.....when another Guy yelled, U do a 6 egg omelette...do Ya....now as this Guy was 5ft 15inches short....& built like a HUMVEE....I merely let him PUSH IN....BUT the SERVER hollowed back, GET in line Sir, & I'll deal U up a SIXER in a few mins...., by this time I realy HAD gone OFF eggs for My brekkie....SIGH...LOL....TWO eggs, JUS TWO eggs Honey She asks...U want MORE, U can....OK I give up....WHAT is it abt EGGS... That U Guys get excited abt...Chris.....
Old 06-24-2004, 11:55 PM   #51
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
How Do You Like Your EGGS?

Then, there's the story my ex-husband told me...from his days in the Air Farce...in Germany.
This young private came through the messhall for his first breakfast on the troop ship...and in the line, the cook stood on the other side of the hot table with trays of eggs "sunnyside up" "over-medium" "welldone" & "scrambled",,,
and the cook looked at the private with the spatula in his hand, and waited for the private to tell him which kind of eggs he wanted. He asked the private, "How Do You Like Your Eggs?".
The private replied, "Oh, I like 'em fine".
Now it was 0500 Hr. and the cook was in no mood for funny jokes, so he very impatiently asked the private..."One MORE TIME....How do you like 'em COOKED?"
The private,,,dumbfounded by the stupidity of this cook...replied...
"Oh! I like 'em cooked BEST OF ALL."
(with that the cook slapped at spatula FULL of scrambled eggs on the private's tray...and turned to serve the next one.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRundefined
...........Cat
__________________________________________________ _______________

Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
Evening ALL....
EGGS....Yep, whilst in FLA: back in '02, we usualy fill up our bellies at the G/C all U can eat...( OK fill her up & keep-on-truckin Cafe...)...LOL, there was this Guy, who went 2 the EGG booth, & enquired HOW MANY eggs He were allowed..The Woman server replied "....Sir, I aint here 2 judge...U jus think of a number..." The Guy asked if He could have 4.....sunny-side-up, & he GOT FOUR....
Now, I was standing behind him, wonderin IF I DARE ask for 2 eggs.....when another Guy yelled, U do a 6 egg omelette...do Ya....now as this Guy was 5ft 15inches short....& built like a HUMVEE....I merely let him PUSH IN....BUT the SERVER hollowed back, GET in line Sir, & I'll deal U up a SIXER in a few mins...., by this time I realy HAD gone OFF eggs for My brekkie....SIGH...LOL....TWO eggs, JUS TWO eggs Honey She asks...U want MORE, U can....OK I give up....WHAT is it abt EGGS... That U Guys get excited abt...Chris.....
Old 06-25-2004, 12:03 AM   #52
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Eggman

Right ON...Dennis.
I like the like white duckies following the mamma. I want them yellow tho'.
What about "The EGG & I"...written by a woman up here in Port Ludlow, Washington, and made into the movie in the 1940s of the same name, starring Marjorie Maine, Percy Kilbride, Claudette Colbert & Fred MacMurray.
The catalyst for the TV series, "Green Acres".

I think I'll call my Bambi that. Yeppers! That's it.
Bear & me...and the Egg & I. (should be the Egg & me...but I will compensate for the sake of history.)
Old 06-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member

Samuel Johnson

Yukionna, that quote from Samuel Johnson is wonderful! Have you ever read any Victorian travel literature? It is great, nothing like the Frommers or Fodors of today.

Connie
Old 06-25-2004, 09:27 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
More egg options

Anyone try Flimingo eggs ?? The plastic shells don't break and keep for ever!!

Boil several hours in heavy salt water

Garry
garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:59 PM   #55
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Talking Flamingo Eggs

You're a RIOT

RRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR

(I'll go out an see if I have some to collect.)
Old 07-11-2004, 09:38 PM   #56
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
I just know this will work.......

I just finished reading all of the suggestions on how to transport eggs. But I have a suggestion that goes back to bringing the chickens along safely.

As a former farm girl, I can tell you in all honesty this actually works. You can HIPNOTIZE a chicken quite easily. Here's how. 1- Catch them 2- Calm them down and hold them in a comfortable seated position 3- lower the chickens head and place her beak on a flat surface. 4- with your free hand, take your index finger and place it up against her beak on the table and trace an invisible straight line out from her beak. DONE! Your chicken is now hipnotized! You can remove the hand you used to restrain her and she remains with her beak on the table.

So simple - can't believe no one thought of it. Hipnotize your chickens for the ride. When you get to your destination, SNAP! They wake up, lay a few eggs, and you're having breakfast fit for a king. Bon Appetit!
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:18 PM   #57
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Fresh Eggs

Quote:
As a former farm girl, I can tell you in all honesty this actually works. You can HIPNOTIZE a chicken quite easily. Here's how. 1- Catch them 2- Calm them down and hold them in a comfortable seated position 3- lower the chickens head and place her beak on a flat surface. 4- with your free hand, take your index finger and place it up against her beak on the table and trace an invisible straight line out from her beak. DONE! Your chicken is now hipnotized! You can remove the hand you used to restrain her and she remains with her beak on the table.
This, of course, is assuming wherever you park---it's ok with the management & other residents to have caged chickens plucking away.
But, truly,,,,I THINK THIS IS THE BEST idea yet!! & she's right---IT DOES WORK.

BTW...? How well do hens lay when they're caged? Mine always free-ranged it...and laid bunches every day.
Also, someone might wonder--- if they don't lay the eggs for whatever reason, WHERE'S THE AXE...?

ooops, sorry. I was raised on a farm myself.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:34 PM   #58
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
In one of my previous posts here on this Thread...
(WHO put the "undefined" after the string of "R"s...? The Webmaster>?)

'wondering what the "R"s stand for? (Bored---FORCED---WEAK---laughter)....get it? RRRRRRRRRRRR
(say it outloud to yourself; it sounds bored, forced and weak does it not?)
That's all...
Now? is it "defined"...? ...................Cat
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:51 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Lmao

Yea, and after a little party at the campground you can even get a chicken drop contest going......................

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:46 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Hut
In the morning I like some eggs with my Spam but I guess my trailer bounces alot because when I get to my camp spot I usually have busted eggs all over the fridge. I decided for my next trip to bring along a couple of my chickens but can't figure out the best way to haul them. I wanted to attach a cage on the back of the trailer but I'm afraid that their feathers may blow off during the trip and they wouldn't lay eggs. Plus if you've ever seen a bald chicken it's scary. I'd carry them in my truck but there's already enough cackling going on from the wife. Does anyone have experience bringing livestock along, other than the plain dog or cat? Thank you.
Can you guys really picture this AS scenario, with a chicken cage attached to the AS!!!!!!!! I'm just dying here laughing at the thought.

Tin Hut, keep us laughin at your jokes!!!!

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote