Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2003, 11:31 AM   #1
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
December 7, 1941

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR.

The oil being released from the Arizona, is at a much faster rate than ever before.

Some of the drops come up with sludge as well.

A scene "every American" should personally witness.

I promise you, that you will shed some tears.

Our freedom is not something, it's "EVERYTHING."

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #2
nds
3 Rivet Member

Remember Pearl Harbor!
nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Shedding tears

Yes that was tragic and now we use it for a reason to attack potential enemies before they might attack us.
Gregg Bratt USMC 64-68
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:36 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I think a lot of people today think we shouldn't step up and fight until someone else makes the first move. I believe those people don't know enough about Pearl Harbor.

At the last rally I sat across from a gentleman at dinner who had fought in Italy during the war. I didn't want to embarass him, but it made me remember how great a country we have, that people like him enlisted to fight and die for the freedom we enjoy today. Can't really repay a debt like that, except to wish him many more years of happy 'streaming around this great country.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
> we use it for a reason to attack potential enemies before they might attack us.

Hogwash! There's a similar event, known as 9/11, that many who are too eager to criticize their country, have already forgotten. We're responding, once again, not only to a direct attack, but to a threat to the world. Ask any Manchurians who survived the atrocious Japanese occupation, how different today's barbaric "evil empires" are from them.

I think it's pretty sorry to use Pearl Harbor to snipe at one's own country.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

I know of a young woman who, at age 28, is not expected to live through the day. She will leave behind two small children. It is a tragedy.

Pearl Harbor and the more recent "9-11" were not "tragedies". They were calculated, malicious, barbaric assualts by people who have no use for the concept of liberty, tolerance, justice, or individual rights, and sincerely want, or wanted, to impose their own totaliterian rule over all of us.

Words matter.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:53 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
Andy, I appreciate your remembering and the sentiment you conveyed in your post. You are right on !

Some of you folks think you are being patriotic but, you are trying to ruin a very good forum.
wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #8
nds
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wingfoot
Some of you folks think you are being patriotic but, you are trying to ruin a very good forum.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. What I posted wasn't meant in any way to ruin the forum.

A lot of people will have varying ways of perceiving things. That's one of the freedoms we have in this country. the freedom to have different views.

When push comes to shove, we see those people with differing views come together, more often than not, to stand and fight for each other's rights to those varying views.
nds is offline   Reply With Quote