Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
Dealership/s - Airstream of Tampa

I've got a few questions about the dealership where we are buying our AS from and maybe some of ya'll who have bought here know. And I'd like to hear about how the dealership, if different, that you use handles these questions I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so if needed, maybe the mods can place it in the right place.

Ok, I've read where some of ya'll will purchase your camper, then that night stay in it at the dealership. Is the dealer having the electric hooked up for you? Water? What about security while staying on their property while they are closed. I guess you test everything you can think of for every situation you can think of. Then the next day, hopefully they can fix it. I guess I'm wondering, how do dealers react to this request. Specifically, AS of Tampa.

Putting a lift kit on. Are most dealerships ok with doing this? Priced right? Won't void the warranty? What about easy starts? Pretty much the same questions for those.

These are just a few things that come to mind. It's a really large investment and we want to do it right the first time.

Thanks
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
I would call them.Ask for Service Manager.He will know what's up.Talking on the phone seems to be becoming a lost art.Forget about emails, slowwwww.
Get it right from the horses mouth !
Old 03-15-2021, 06:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
AS of Tampa had the best price of any dealer in 3 states that we checked. Delivery was on time. Even during height of pandemic. They were responsive and helpful....right until we drive off the lot. We immediately discovered issues with our trailer that needed to be addressed after we got home. They were unresponsive for the most part. I was 7 hours away so I didn’t have much choice but to take to a closer dealer for the warranty work. They never followed up with me to see if my issues were fixed. There is an RV park literally right next door to AS of Tampa. My suggestion would be to stay in that park for a couple of nights. Until you make sure everything is to your satisfaction.
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:36 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
We took delivery of our Classic from AS of Tampa 12/26/20. We were all set to stay the night there the first night and then had reservations for the SunRV Tampa East for five nights. It is directly next door. That way we’d be less than a mile away for almost a week in case anything went wrong.

AS of Tampa had electric ready & our fresh water tank full for our first night there at the dealership. It is very safe and we had no issues about being there for the night.

We found out the Service Dept was closed on Sundays so we just called Tampa East and added that night to our plans. If I couldn’t get help until Monday am - might as well be at a RV park and not their parking lot for two nights.

Call or write Kris the Service Manager - he’ll help you. krism@rvone.com

I called The Mothership - I was told that doing the lift will not void your warranty. I was going to have mine done prior to our delivery but due to Xmas I just couldn’t get it worked out in time & installed prior to my delivery date.

Good luck.
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:16 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
Thanks to everyone for the help. I did what was suggested and wrote AS of Tampa with the questions I had, we shall see what comes back.

Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Who is your salesperson there?
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:08 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBelle33 View Post
Who is your salesperson there?

We dealt with Eneida, she is very knowledgeable and made our sale very pleasurable. We had no issues at all. She has been mentioned several times on the forums and everything I've read has been good.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:07 AM   #8

Mountain Brook , Alabama
Angry

The Day I was about to buy a used Airstream from a individual in Florida I received a call from Beth from Airstream of Tampa. She had a trailer Airstream with everything I wanted and she quoted me a price on the phone.
She stated I needed to make a decision that it would be gone by end of day. We said we would take it and called and cancelled our other airstream. Later she tells us that we had to finance with them for 6 months so they could get a kick back. This would be make us pay thousands more in interest. We were planning on paying cash and if we did finance it would be with our credit union with a lower rate. I would of never said I would buy this airstream if I had known it was going to cost me more then what was quoted to us. This was a Bait and Switch deal. I have a hard time believing that dealers are out there that get away with this. We lost the the one we were originally going to buy and I refuse to finance when I have the money so they can get a kick back. I own a business and know that this is unethical!
Beverly Ruff
BeverlyRuff is offline   Reply With Quote