Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
Saint Petersburg, , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Tom Randall
Closed my DVD store - what about....

Hi to all....

PLEASE understand, I have not been camping before and am looking for direction only as I set out on my new adventure. Do not consider this a solicitation to purchase anything. Thanks!

I have closed my DVD & VHS store at a local flea market. I built up quite a business as I sold the dvd's for anywhere from $3 to $10 ea. Did it more for the fun than the money. I have over 10,000 dvd/vhs movies in inventory. Tons of I Love Lucy tv episodes, Laurel & Hardy, John Wayne, cartoons and MORE cartoons.... oldies but goodies, newer, kung fu etc.

Now the question.... I am getting ready to full time in my Airstream. I will be traveling around to events and am looking forward to a couple of forum get togethers. To fulfill my contract, I have more dvd/vhs movies coming. My brother (fellow Airstreamer) has agreed to have them shipped to his house and ship them to me on a "as needed" basis. So, I will have many of these with me - can I let folks know that I have them and they can pick them up for a couple of bucks? Just for fellow campers and forum members. I also plan on hitting as many flea markets as I can. Plus, if vendors are allowed are rallies, etc., I would sign up for those also. However, in paid environments, items go to regular pricing.

I don't want to get in trouble anywhere. I just want to get rid of these!! I have just given away my entire comic book collection (over 3,000). You know how "downsizing" works when getting ready to fulltime.

Thanks!!
Tom & his travelin' Pal - Rusty Dog the Doxie

WBCCI # 1946AIR # 18277
Tom Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Ebay is a great venue for getting rid of white (and not-so-white) elephants. Since you are a forums member in good standing, you can also use the classified area for posting a current link to the auctions, much more than that we don't allow. We try to keep the ads here limited to aluminum-related items. Good luck with your full-timing, and we'll see you down the road.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
If you plan on coming up to ATL area there are some good flea markets here..also if you make it to a rally or get together, there are many of us who would be happy to buy some DVDs of our favorite movie folks.
Also our classified might work as Terry said. People could paypal the money of course.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I picked up an aluminum 30 lb. LPG tank at my last rally so i'm sure that you might have some takers at rally events.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote