Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Classic 30 FB

Well, I just got a line on a very gently used Classic 30 FB. The price seems right. I'm semi-interested in a 27 FB CCD... but I've never even seen a 30 FB.

Anyone have one and can tell me the differences. I believe that the 30 has a KING bed? Is that right? How difficult would it be to downsize that to a queen?

Paula
Old 03-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
I did tour a 30FB at Toscanos when they got one. We are interested in upgrading also. We are interested in a 27FB like you but since we already have a Classic we lean that way. After seeing a 30FB with King, I have not changed my mind. You do get more space in the 30 but the king bed in the front is totally unmanageable. You have virtually no room around the bed to walk. The queen is much better. Another negative of the 30, to me is the 3 extra feet. That might keep me out of some campgrounds. I hope this helps.
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
A couple of toughts -
1 - I love the concept of the 30' FB (I have an '03 30' Classic now, but . . . ), but agree the king bed was a silly addition - NO room to move around the bed!! What were "they" thinking? I heard it was nothing more than bragging rights, back in the day when silly ideas got approved & produced.

2 - I'd think it wouldn't be any problem at all to remove the king & install a queen bed. The only thing required would be some carpentry skills (I don't possess) or some money to pay a good carpenter / cabinet person.

3 - I've NEVER had one problem getting into any parking spot, whether it be in an RV park or state park. NONE. Towing a 30' AS is a dream, and I'd bet it would be the same as any 27' AS.

Paula - Go for it!!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
If it's anything like the 27FB we're fixing now, it would be pretty much removing the king, and installing a queen or double in its place. The biggest headache would be getting the king out the door.