Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2003, 04:50 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
There....you see you instigator.....I cant help it ..but you can....
"I yam what i yam"......norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 05:19 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Norby, your sex or fishing post didn't help much either
sjptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 10:38 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
What do you call a 250lb woman from Wisconsin?

Anorexic

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 06-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Cheeky Monkey...

Hi All...
....As we drove down a little lane off I 4 , we stopped to help this Guy push his Pick-up to the verge, as it had broken down, he had a crate on the rear which contained 2 baby monkeys, this Guy pleaded with us to take these monkeys to Busch-Gardens, as he had promised to get them there by 11 am,
and did NOT want to let the zoo down, as it was his first day as a driver, I was a little edgy abt this, but he gave me $100 to take them...
At 3.30, we were on the lane out, when we saw the same Guy with his Pick-Up, and a tow truck...I hooted at him, and slowed down...all of a sudden he went GA-GA....the MONKEYS he shouted...the MONKEYS, You've still got the MONKEYS...why...
Well, I said, we STILL got $ 50 left to spend, so we goin to Cypress Gardens.....
...Chris.....
Old 06-30-2003, 06:48 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Chris, I swear, if I ever get to go on the other side of the pond, you will be the first person I will try to find. I can think of no other poster that I find as interesting as you. I guess I'll have to get a job to save my pennies so that I can travel the pond.

Looking forward to meeting you
Old 07-01-2003, 02:33 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Sjptak..& M L.

Hi Guys...
How U doin 2day...U wanna come 2 'lil ole England...Well that puts me in the SANE room 2day...I aint realy STRANGE...I'm jus DIFFERENT...If I were U I would'nt broadcast it abt, or Y'll b taken away in a little WHITE VAN with SQUARE WHEELS....
OK....Let's c here...Yes the UK HAS a lot to offer, it is a multi everything place, Rough tough Cities, down 2 the Gentle brooke, thatched roof cottages...the tranquil moors, 2 the loud, brash over conjested exhaust piped clouded smoky City of London, Now 4 a visit, that's all fine, as 4 livin over here...well lets jus say why do U think we ALWAYS come 2 Yr side of the POND...
I kn it's world wide this livin business...but we have Europe on our doorstep...only a few hours drive an we could be in France/Belgium...an on to Italy/ Germany....an jus go on, an on 4ever....drivin...sounds great...but sadly I gotta say it has NEVER given us the will 2 " DO IT "...America called the loudest, I mean one of my D/Ds bn 8 times 2 the states, since '94, an we comin 2 Boston in Jan: '04 then I hear a whisper of VEGAS, April '05, so instead of savin Yr pennies 2 visit the UK, jus send 'en 2 ME...I hear that VEGAS has a couple of slot machines in one of it's hotels...Don't kn wether it's TRUE or NOT...but one WILL listen 2 rumours...Well I gotta tree I ought 2b hangin out in...Catch Ya later...Hee Hee Hee ...Chris.....
Old 07-01-2003, 02:58 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Rog0525

Talkin of TRADES...
The people were collectin for help the AGED...I offered my WIFE...even THEY turned me down...

I went 2 the Doctors, an said I keep on being ignored...he jus shouted NEXT...I told him I feel like a pair of curtains, he told me 2 pull myself together

Had a few BUDDS...then went down 2the chippie...I say lady, gimmee snake 'n kidelie pie, U mean steak and kidney pie....That's swat I said didelie...

What's long, green an slimey...Gorilla BOOGIES hangin off a branch...

How abt ZZUB, ZZUB, ZZUB...a BEE backin up....

If U get fed up with bugs attackin U whilst U out n about in Yr Airstreams, put a little pot of JELLY under a chair at the next table, sit bk an enjoy...U stinker U...LOL...Chris.....
Old 07-01-2003, 04:35 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

boston it shall be

Since Boston is only a 3 hour drive from here, I guess I'll see you there. Can't show you no A/S though. I'm still looking for my beauty.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:18 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
inkahol

"when i read drinking was bad for you, iquit reading"
Henny Youngman......
"Beer is Gods way of telling that he loves us and wants us to be happy"
Benj. Franklin...
Beer is the reason ugly people have had sex since 3000b.c......
anon.

Old 07-04-2003, 02:19 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Cat-Fish...

Hello All...
" HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY..."

...I wondered why the cat always sat in the large fish tank, 4the life of me I could'nt figure it out...then thinkin abt it...the only reason I can think of is that the fish freak out an swim around real fast, makin it feel like a JACUZZI...

Norbert...Was'nt Jerry Springer born in ENGLAND....???
Old 07-04-2003, 04:31 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
England swings like a pendulum do....

Chris.....Thats one oon me if true....all i know, is he was a mayor of some hamlet in oh ho ho.....b4 he hit the big time....norby

Old 07-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #32
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hello...

HI All....
Went bk 2 the Doc's 2day, ..." ...And how did U find yourself this morning " he said..." Oh I jus ROLLED back the bed clothes, an there I were "..." I got this pain Doc...I got it here, here an here, an on my leg..."...Doc says..." does it hurt EVERYWHERE U poke yourself "..." Yes Doc "..." Mmmm I'm not surprised " he says..." Youve got a BROKEN FINGER...sit down on that chair " he say's...." I can't, my bum hurts I said "...so the Doc xrays my bum..." Goodness me Chris...U got a bunch of ROSES up yr Bum...how did they get there ??? "..." I don't kn " I said..." read the ruddy card "......
I decided to leave the doctors...right after I was thrown out...I felt peckish...so I went 2 the pizza place, ordered a HUGE pizza 2go, with NO-CHEESE...but I DON'T like CHEESE...well it was worth a try...
It's nice 2 b IMPORTANT...but it's important 2 b NICER...Enjoy Yr evening ALL...Chris.....
Old 07-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Answers PLEASE........

Hello All. Hope U all o k,
My D/D told me this earlier 2day, an I r still laughing, jus goes 2 prove that LITTLE things please LITTLE minds....
Q. "Why r there 4 D's in Edward Woodward's name...?."

" 'Cos it sounds weird as E-war Woo-war..."

Say Norby...Is'nt a YAM a SWEET POTATO ?...LOL. One things 4 sure, whilst U lot r tellin jokes abt Yr neighbours...Yr leavin us BRITS alone....
MORE PLEASE....chris.....
Old 07-21-2003, 09:02 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
oh...cris..oh..cris...

this hard b.cuz i have to interpolate nad i cant see the last post..
gosh amundo i just rememberde...i jam what i jam iam sorry for what i said but i was just fn' around...oye...popeye... ok...
but i am still havin' fun dont you know
norby...

Old 07-22-2003, 04:22 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Howell , Michigan
Birthday Surprise

Today is my 53rd birthday & I wasn't feeling too hot this morning.
I went to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant & say "happy birthday" & probably have a present for me.
She didn't even say "good morning," let alone any "happy birthday".

I thought, "Well, that's wives for you. The children will remember".

The children came in to breakfast & didn't say a word.

When I started to the office I was feeling pretty low & despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary, Betty said, "Good

morning boss, happy birthday." And I felt a little better someone had remembered!

Betty knocked on my door later & said, "It's such a beautiful day

outside & it's your birthday, let's go to lunch, just you & me".

I said, "By George, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day.

Let's go". We went to lunch in a little private place, had two

martinis a great time.

On the way back to the office, Betty said, "You know, it's such a

beautiful day. We don't need to go back to the office, do

we?" I said, "No, I guess not."

She said, "Let's go to my apartment".

After arriving at her apartment, she said, "Boss, if you don't

mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into

something more comfortable." "Sure," I excitedly replied.

She went into the bedroom &, in about six minutes, came out

carrying a big birthday cake..... followed by my wife, children & dozens of friends. They were singing "Happy birthday".................

And there I sat, on the couch,....... naked.
gvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:46 AM   #36
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi ALL...

Good evening 2U all...
say Norby...Take NO notice of me...I'm like the Guy who shines a torch into his EAR...but only my beam comes out of my...Well I DON'T have 2 look where my chair is in the DARK, that's 4 sure...
The B/Day surprise is sooooooo funny...I almost spilt my cup of TEA...lol, there ought 2b a WARNING on stuff like that, more PLEASE...Do U Guys jus sit around all day making stories up...if so...U ought 2b on the STAGE..." SWEEPING-UP " LOL...
Tell Ya what...I got 2b nuts, for wanting 2 leave one COLD country, 4another one even COLDER..." BOSTON "...( anyone been there )...?...
Did any of Yr parents/or U say daft things to U/Yr kiddies...My MOM used 2 say a few, think I may bore U with 'em...
If U come home with Yr head under Yr arm, I'll knock Yr block off.
If U fall an break Yr legs...don't come runnin 2 me...
If U spray that stuff in Yr eyes...don't come lookin 4me...
If U get Yr fingers stuck in the electric socket, don't expect me 2 pull U out.
....and also...Don't sit at the plug end of the bath..if it comes out...remember I'm Yr mother...NOT a plumber....
That's All Folks...4 now...Have a lovely evenin...Chris.....
Old 07-22-2003, 07:22 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Howell , Michigan
THE TRAGIC RESULT OF A MAN NOT LISTENING TO A WOMAN

A man traveling by plane was in urgent need of using the restroom. Each time he tried it was occupied. The flight attendant, aware of his predicament, suggested to him to use the ladies room but cautioned him against pressing any of the buttons. The buttons were marked WW, WA, PP and ATR. Making the fateful mistake many men make in disregarding what a woman says, the man let his curiosity get the best of him and he decided to try the buttons anyway. He carefully pressed the first button marked WW and immediately warm water sprayed over his entire bottom. He thought, golly the gals really have it made. Still curious he pressed the button marked WA, and warm air-dried his bottom quickly. He thought that this was out of this world. The button marked PP yielded a large powder puff that powdered his bottom lightly with powder. Well, naturally he couldn't resist the last button marked ATR.

When he woke up in the hospital, he panicked and buzzed the nurse. When she appeared he cried out "What happened? The last thing I remember I was in the ladies room aboard a plane." The nurse replied, "Yes, you were having a great time until you pressed the button marked ATR, which stands for automatic tampon remover. Your penis is under your pillow."
Old 07-22-2003, 07:36 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Howell , Michigan
Subject: FW: Bad day at Work

Next time you have a bad day at work...think of this guy. He is a Commercial Saturation Diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to radio station 103.2 on your FM dial in Ft Wayne, Indiana, who was sponsoring a worst job experience contest.
Needless to say, she won.

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sue,
Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all. Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job.
As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this:
We have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi.
Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my arse started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my arse started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done.
In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit.
Now since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my arse was not as fortunate.

When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually
grinding the jellyfish into the crack of my arse. I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other divers, were all laughing hysterically.

Needless to say I aborted the dive.
I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my arse as soon as I got in the chamber.The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poo for two days because my arse was swollen shut. So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your backside!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:26 AM   #39
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Phone Booths...

Hi Guys...
...Say Norbert....U got a thing abt foneboxes...???, well many thousands of years ago, around the mid-'60s, my eldest Brother, used to fool around a great deal, he was STUPID...( an STILL is )...he got wed AGN, ( 4th time...must like the cake or something )...anyhow, he would enter a fonebox, dial the operator, when she would say, " This is the operator on the line, may I help U " my Bro: would reply..." Well get OFF the line...there's a TRAIN coming "...hang up an run...well he did this for ages, every night, BUT, not far away was the police station, it too had a fone, so what the fone Co: did was this, When a call of that nature was made, it was quickly logged from which fone, and the local " BOBBY " would get on his cycle and pop around the back road, an hey presto...Hello, Hello, Hello, Yr nicked...he got a right tellin off...He did'nt do it for ages after that......He MADE me do it instead....
Then on our build up to Guy Faulkes night, lots of kiddies would make a guy, an effigy of their DAD usualy, an we all had our own pitch, usualy outside the local boozers, an catch the drunks rolling out, for a copper or two...well this night the same big Bro:, took me out in his 3 wheeler reliant van, stopped outside the local chippie, on his way out the little chap shouts " penny-for-the-guy-mister ", naturaly my bro: put his hand in his pocket, threw a few WASHERS into the poor lads tin, picked up the GUY, threw it into the back of the van, an took off, muttering that because the Guys head had fallen off, it was'nt worth three washers...now usualy these little lads, like me, had a BIGGER brother...this little fellow had TWO...an they knew where we lived....DARN...I knew the foneboxes were a better game...
I kn ALL the F/Bxs in our area, an early on a saturday morning, I used to cycle to EVERY one, just to PRESS BUTTON " B ", and collect all the un-used coppers, left from the night b4...now bk in '63, two shillings was a LOT of money 4a small child, and thinking abt it, average pocket money 4a 12yr old was abt 9d-1 shilling, I was RICH....lol...
Well that's all 4 now....MEMORIES....it's a good job we don't get TAXED on 'em yet...lmao, so U Guys enjoy Yr day, B-LUCKY, stay safe...Chris.....