Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Calling allRock and Rollers, Soul Ssisters and Brothers, Blue Grass Fans

There seems to be some interest in a Rally that might include Forum Fans of different musical singers/groups from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and even 80's!

What if we could get enough folks to plan gatherings from Coast to Coast?

All those interested please post your suggestions!..

It could range anything from meeting at a centralized locations easily reached by those traveling with their Airs..

Or maybe even having a "virtual" rally..all done online here at the forums..members could dress up in costume, take pix, upload them for a photo rally gallery, share music/songs (would that work, like attachments?) share recipes, stories, etc.
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
I can do Elvis....or Alice Cooper with a belly.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwe
I can do Elvis....or Alice Cooper with a belly.
Hi Uwe,

Hailing from Orange, I see..Elvis, hmm?..I love him..Alice Cooper, with a belly..now that would be a sight to see?..would that be a six-pack or six keg abs?...just kidding..I always tell my husband that when he thinks he's buff!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Your virtual rally sounds really cool but a real rally would be very cool. There was talk of activity specific forum rallies a while back. A music or performing arts rally sounds quite animated and entertaining.

Did you have any tentative time frames or park locations in mind? What if you scope out places within say 6 hours from Sacramento and see what choices may be viable for a group of Airstreams with a meeting room or pavillion, the state and national parks have stages or amplitheaters. I prefer outdoor events if the weather is cooperative. (I still can't get over that the WBCCI International parades are inside, or did I make that up? )

You could also do a member search on the member map or use another locater of the forums' to find members with centralized home bases to your rally.

Hey any Easterners game for such and the same nearby? Cody Bear I just got back from Oregon and let me tell you it was a long haul from here in Michigan. I wish I had gone down the West Coast though, but as it was I was gone a month, not nearly long enough. Wish the forums had had a get-together at the International, first big rally I've been to that didn't have one.

How about if every unit makes some sort of presentation, whether it be static or live? Get a list going, we've got Uwe for starters. Actually Uwe how about doing the left side Elvis and the right side Alice.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
I'd like to see a punk rock rally! With our trailers, of course.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
wonderful Idea

I think this is a great idea, but we are sooooo widespread. I think a rally would be great!!!!
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
I think this is a great idea, but we are sooooo widespread. I think a rally would be great!!!!
I think we could all plan one rally, but then hold it over at however many locations are needed for interested ones to be able to attend. Besides planning online here is something everyone can join in. Whatever ideas are propagated can be used somewhere sooner or later.

I have always been partial to rock and to a fair number of punks as well. Sorry I am not very genre saavy but I bet I like it.

Guess who was in Lapeer tonight, Slaughter, and I says to my hubby, now this is what the WBCCI needs, and he shouts, What? I think our hearing should be normal by morning. Let's be sure to get the BIG speakers!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote