Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Buying Furniture in N.C. - Big $$avings - ???

I have often heard that good quality furniture can be purchased from N.C. dealrers at big savings vs local retail stores. Initial e-mail responses from dealers in N.C. seem to agree with that.

Anybody have first hand experiance and recommended dealers to contact in N.C.???

Thanks, Ed
macsfriended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I don't remember seeing too many RV furniture outlets in North Carolina, where are they located?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Fred n' Erma

2003 30' Classic
Hagerstown , Maryland
I'm in the furniture business (mfg) and I can tell you that NC still offers pretty good deals, although not as significant as they used to, due to the fact that most NC dealers are now collecting sales taxes for out of state sales. Also, I would not write off local dealers all together, especially in terms of delivery and installation as well as after market service.

But in any case, as far as NC goes, Furnitureland South in High Point is certainly one of the larger dealers who are reputable.

Hope this helps,
Tom Cat
Tom Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
Fort Meade Md. RV park slot 8!! , Motorsports Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TheBigRedTruck
If you want the good stuff you have to look up High Point NC. and find out when market is, and go there one to two weeks after. I have come home with a savings of 75 to 90% off of retail!!! DIMMER
I know, I use to date a Girl who modeled for the furniture business!!!