Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Bought A t@b This Week....

....and was most impressed with the quality. Lots of European style features. Only problem was the 7" Audiovox dvd player. Seems the dealer put the Airstream CD showing the Porsche pulling an AS through a slalom. However, it was a 3" CD and was stuck. Fixed it and works fine now.

We bought this unit to explore areas close to home and outings will be no more than two nights. Any longer and we'll use the Safari. Too, we can tow it with our Wrangler Unlimited or the Chrysler T&C van. Both have 3500# tow capacity. The unit weights 1595 pounds.

Made a smoking deal on the unit and the dealer (Intermountain Coach in Colorado Springs) dropped everything to prep the t@b so that we could head back to Durango as soon as the deal was done.

The t@b is made by Thor.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Love to see some pictures!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I'd like to see some pictures, too. Those little guys are really cute.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Which one did you get? They have a couple of different models. I looked at them, but being 6'-2" tall they wouldn't be my first choice for a smaller trailer.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Neat! Post pictures! I think those are so cute, but I would never make it without a real bathroom I've only seen one T@B in person once and it was a lot bigger than I expected from pictures.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Congrats - I think I saw you mention your T@B (and the 25' AS) on the Yahoo group. We own an 07 TQ (the queen bed and L-shaped galley) that we bought used last November. I crossshopped 16' Bambis and bigger vintage trailers, but didn't want to spend five digits/have a constant project.

We took it out last night for a the first time - it was a totally last-minute thing. Amazing how easy it is to hitch and tow; it's about the width of our Honda Odyssey, which pulls it like a champ. We backed it into a tight clearing at a state campground, enjoying the small size.

It is tight inside; making up the bed takes some thought and stowing stuff takes planning. But it's a giant bed, and the trailer is very well insulated. Boiling water for tea heated the trailer up enough to keep the furnace off overnight.

Like you, I'm pretty impressed by the quality (although I'm beginning to think no RV is worth the $ they cost new.) The European Al-ko frame is well done; love the parking brake, the surge brakes (I can tow with company cars with a 4-pin connector), and being able to push it around on a site or in the driveway.

I admit, I still ponder something bigger. Maybe a newer 16' Bambi (heavy for the Oddy), or the new Trailmanor Trailmini (very tempting, with a weight near the T@B), or if they build the Airstream Scout prototype or bring over a bigger T@B with a bathroom (not the ugly T@DA - we had lots of looks and well-wishes due to the "cute" trailer.) But I'm really happy so far...

Enjoy the new toy!

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Ledyard , Connecticut
T@bs are great! We had one for a couple years before we bought the AS. It was the L galley with both the screen room attachment and the awning. My hubby is 6 ft and he did find the height difficult to handle. We made lots of modifications to make it more functional (Lee Valley kitchen organizer, French doors for full access to the back closet, bed extension, Cabela shower/pottie).
We towed it with a Volvo xc70. Lots of fun for the two of us and 2 big Goldens. BTW our best trip was 11 days dry camping at an Army Corp site in VT. It's all good!

The more I try to understand people, the better I like my dog.
rettoc625 is offline   Reply With Quote